Roch (MASN): DL Hall is joining Orioles tonight

eddie83

30 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I care less about the results and more about the idea that I wasn’t blown away by his stuff.  He didn’t miss many bats. 

That said, I don’t take that to mean anything after one start, especially his first without the C he should have had back there.  The familiarity with Adley matters in an instance like this.

Defense also wasn’t great behind him.

He’s had a near 5.00 all year in the minors. What did we expect to be different. Good excuse on why they sent him back. I’d be surprised if he’s around before call ups and does anything more than mop up.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

He’s had a near 5.00 all year in the minors. What did we expect to be different. Good excuse on why they sent him back. I’d be surprised if he’s around before call ups and does anything more than mop up.

That depends on how he takes to relieving.  Once in a great while a guy actually relaxes some as a reliever and just lets it all air out for an inning or so.  Sometimes they get a nice boost in velocity.  If this happens for Hall he could be a very important tool.  Having a guy you can call on that gets strike outs at almost 15 per nine innings has value.  Imagine a tie game in the seventh inning.  Two out but two on.  And all you need is a K to get out of it.  

9 minutes ago, survivedc said:

He had a 4.76 era, so a quarter run below 5 and only pitched 3 innings in AA this year.

To act like he’s just been a mediocre pitcher isn’t fair IMO. Really he’s had 4 bad starts and has been on an innings limit. 9 starts with 1 run or less allowed. The control is and has been an issue.

For crying out loud. He’s been struggling mightily in his last handful of starts. Nit pick the era but trying to pretend it’s an exaggeration just makes you look like a fool.

So genius…What was his ERA over his last 4 starts? More than 5 runs per game right?  This was stupid move by Elias and Hyde for buying in. The poor decision cost us a chance to win today. 

4 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

For crying out loud. He’s been struggling mightily in his last handful of starts. Nit pick the era but trying to pretend it’s an exaggeration just makes you look like a fool.

So genius…What was his ERA over his last 4 starts? More than 5 runs per game right?  This was stupid move by Elias and Hyde for buying in. The poor decision cost us a chance to win today. 

I think you need to step away from the keyboard, there’s no need to attack me. 

23 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Maybe they will drag him until late April. We have Mullins, Santander, Hays, McKenna, Vavra, and Phillips if they want. I’m not saying they should but it is possible.

Ok, in that scenario it’s because of a lack of a need as opposed to service time manipulation. You don’t manipulate service time for guys of Stowers caliber

2 minutes ago, survivedc said:

I think you need to step away from the keyboard, there’s no need to attack me. 

Um ..no 

You insinuated that I was exaggerating his performance by a 1/4 of a run per game to make your point. A 4.76 ERA and 5.00 ERA at AAA are both pretty bad. 

He was called up when he was pitching his worst. I asked a question about his era over those last 4 starts that has sabotaged his season and you ignore it with the comment in this post. You can make all the excuses you want but the reality remains the same.

My take for the record:

He looked like he has a chance to be pretty close to who was pitching for the other team today, and that's not a bad thing to be.

95-97 fastball. It's easy to say he had no command, but it's more accurate to say it came and went.   And it definitely wasn't there in the beginning.  The fastball obviously becomes a real weapon if he can control it better.

His best pitch today was his changeup.  He controlled it the best; and he got the most Ks on it.  A few of them, God forbid, looking.

He controlled his breaking balls better than his fastballs too.  Many looked sharp.  He got hurt a couple times later on them.

It's going to be all about command with this guy.  I don't think that's any innovative insight.

14 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Mountcastle. Grayson, Adley for three.

2/3 of those had injuries delaying them (GrayRod/Adley). Elias would’ve had to hold down  GrayRod for a month-plus after the injury to avoid Super-2. You could make an argument for Adley coming up late 2021. Mountcastle clearly has had things he did (and does) need to work on. 

2 minutes ago, brvn52 said:

2/3 of those had injuries delaying them (GrayRod/Adley). Elias would’ve had to hold down  GrayRod for a month-plus after the injury to avoid Super-2. You could make an argument for Adley coming up late 2021. Mountcastle clearly has had things he did (and does) need to work on. 

Was Adley hurt in 2021?

Grayson should have been up before he got hurt.

Mountcastle should have been up, and working on stuff, when rosters expanded in 2019.

4 minutes ago, brvn52 said:

Ok, in that scenario it’s because of a lack of a need as opposed to service time manipulation. You don’t manipulate service time for guys of Stowers caliber

He’s a B comp round pick (2nd rounder). Who has gotten through the minors in 2+ season and would be here if we weren’t doing so well. I think he’s more valuable in a deal if he’s has an extra year of control. I’m not saying he’s going to be a star but he has a .900 OPS in the last 2 season and 800 at bats.