30 games left, 1.5 games out of the playoffs

Sports Guy

Os playoffs   

69 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Os make the playoffs this year?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/22 at 16:00

Just now, Frobby said:

Sure, I vote yes.   This is no time to be objective or analytical.   We will beat the snot out of Toronto down the stretch and go to the playoffs.  

I voted no, but that is the only way in. Beat Toronto and you're in.

At some point I'm going to have to admit I'm wrong. I keep waiting for the other shoe to fall...there really may not be another show.

I voted yes because it feels like bad juju to vote no. Really I just don’t know what to think and want to just ride the wave. We’ve played really well v Toronto so far (7-2 I think) so either we have their number this year, or that’s due to even out. 

I think it comes down to us and Toronto for the 6. Seattle clearly has a bead on 4, and 5 goes to TB or NY, whoever loses out on the division (still cannot believe that’s in play). 

I hope we get the 6 because going into Cleveland for three (or Min) doesn’t scare me one bit. 

Man it is so close.  If we go 6-4 vs them we are even in the loss column, with the tiebreak, so it's all about how we do in our other 20 games and they do in their other 21.  And I think we have a SLIGHTLY easier schedule because they have those Rays games that we don't.

So if we can go 6-4 vs Toronto, I think we make it.  If we go 5-5, I don't think we do.

It's that close.  But we have those last 3 games at home so I'm going to put on the orannge glasses and vote yes.

• Upvote 1

I voted no but I really hope I’m wrong. We’ve played Toronto really well and I feel like we need to continue that to even have a chance. Seems like everyone has an easier schedule than us. 

I’m also extremely concerned about Monday. They have Gausman and Manoah going and it looks like Baumann is starting one of those games. We will probably be lucky with a split. 

Edited by Mooreisbetter27

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• You’re actually making the most sense of just about anyone on here.   Hate to say it.  Lol
    • If you use him as an opener, it’s not really “relieving”.  I guess I don’t get the issue.  If a pitcher gets hurt and misses a period of time, are you saying it’s risky to ramp him back up to a normal innings load?
    • Ah. So you can only get one pick per player? That’s a bummer. Reasonable, I suppose. But a bummer nonetheless 
    • It's true that this has been discussed, and there are differing schools of thought.  Some, like myself, feel that the resources required in a Crochet deal, might be better served addressing a more impactful need for 2024: a ToR starter.  As a starter beginning next season, it's likely Crochet's impact will be higher as a strong ToR starter through the final two years of control.  In the meantime, there are quite a few very solid veteran late inning relievers that we could deal for in order to satisfy that need, and that wouldn't require near the cost of a Crochet.
    • It makes sense to me for multiple reasons. 1) IMO we do not have the requisite pitching talent in order to matchup favorably against the leagues best in a 7 game series in October. That needs to change. 2) We don’t need extra offense IMO. Nor a back up catcher. We will be fine offensively if we don’t have one considering without both we are number one in the sport. 3) We could resign Burnes with that 50 million (not sure where you are getting that number). But so many here believe it will be a bad deal. And having another #1 in house protects us from having to be leveraged against signing him.
    • Starter and then reliever and then back to starter. Risky risky risky. 
    • Why do we need to outbid someone for Skubal? We still have Bradish and Grayson for years to come. Also a punchers chance at resigning Corbin Burnes. You know what our record was before we signed Burnes? Best record in the AL. You know what our record has been since Bradish got hurt? Tracked down Yankees and took 3 game lead. We have resources to sign players next year. Elias is a value vs risk guy. He got Burnes with Joey Ortiz which is a top 50-60 prospect. He’s not giving up top 10 prospect for a player with 178 innings pitched. I like Crochet a lot but his track record isn’t long enough.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now