One simple request from the baseball gods

Moshagge3

Please don't let Aaron Judge hit #62 against the Orioles. The talk about how he would be the "real" record holder ('cause Bonds, Sosa, and McGwire are no-good cheaters, you see) is already so nauseating, I don't want the Orioles to be any part of that media suckfest. I hold out no hope that Orioles can keep Judge in the ballpark for a  whole series, so please, please, please let him hit 62 before then.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Moshagge3 said:

Please don't let Aaron Judge hit #62 against the Orioles. The talk about how he would be the "real" record holder ('cause Bonds, Sosa, and McGwire are no-good cheaters, you see) is already so nauseating, I don't want the Orioles to be any part of that media suckfest. I hold out no hope that Orioles can keep Judge in the ballpark for a  whole series, so please, please, please let him hit 62 before then.

If there are baseball gods can I have a WS victory for the O's and Judge can hit #70 against the O's and I won't complain.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I'll probably feel how I felt when Jeter got a walk-off hit vs. O's in his last home game. 9th inning, 5-5 score. 

Good reference that game was the first thing I thought of when I read this thread. After that Yankees comeback win the national sports media practically had an orgasm. It was sickening. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, slakattack said:

Game situation was mismanged by Buck as I recall.  

Perhaps it shouldn't, but it amazes me that Buck Showalter has managed for 21 years in the majors, five playoff teams, overall winning record despite taking over a down-and-out Orioles franchise.  But all anyone ever mentions are things he supposedly did wrong.

• Upvote 1

It wouldn't bother me if he hit it against the Orioles but what would make me happy is if he were up with 61 or 62 on the line in his last at bat at OPACY and smoked one off the new wall in LF, probably a homer in any other ballpark but the new OPACY holds it.  And then seeing him cry about it after the game.

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Perhaps it shouldn't, but it amazes me that Buck Showalter has managed for 21 years in the majors, five playoff teams, overall winning record despite taking over a down-and-out Orioles franchise.  But all anyone ever mentions are things he supposedly did wrong.

Seriously, it's like people can't be happy.

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Before I opened this thread I assumed it would be something about the Blue Jays' team plane being lost over Hudson Bay and never recovered.

neyf8yq-gif.256958

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It wouldn't bother me if he hit it against the Orioles but what would make me happy is if he were up with 61 or 62 on the line in his last at bat at OPACY and smoked one off the new wall in LF, probably a homer in any other ballpark but the new OPACY holds it.  And then seeing him cry about it after the game. 

If this happened it would instantly become a top 10 moment in Camden Yards history in my book. Brilliant. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

If this happened it would instantly become a top 10 moment in Camden Yards history in my book. Brilliant. 

Followed by him not hitting it for the rest of the season.  Like, that was his one shot at the record, tying the record, whatever.  And then he goes stone cold for the rest of the season and can't hit the ball out of the infield.  

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Seriously, it's like people can't be happy.

Buck is 2nd on the modern Orioles list for managerial wins, but if you had a poll today ranking the team's all-time managers I think he'd fall somewhere between Sam Perlozzo and Phil Regan.  He'd be miles behind Davey, even though Davey was only here two years and had a roster full of big-name free agents.

13 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Good reference that game was the first thing I thought of when I read this thread. After that Yankees comeback win the national sports media practically had an orgasm. It was sickening. 

That didn’t hurt me at all since we were a mile up in the standings. I was like ok they can have their moment but we’re going to the playoffs so it’s all good lol.