The Tides are rolling

Frobby

15-4 since Ortiz and Cowser joined the team three weeks ago.  In that span they’ve gone from well below .500 (56-66) to just over .500 (71-70).   

This week, Norfolk scored 61 runs in six games, winning five times against the hapless Charlotte Knights.   They finish with six against Durham and three against Jacksonville, both of which have solidly winning records.  It would be nice if the Tides could hold serve or better and finish over .500.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

15-4 since Ortiz and Cowser joined the team three weeks ago.  In that span they’ve gone from well below .500 (56-66) to just over .500 (71-70).   

This week, Norfolk scored 61 runs in six games, winning five times against the hapless Charlotte Knights.   They finish with six against Durham and three against Jacksonville, both of which have solidly winning records.  It would be nice if the Tides could hold serve or better and finish over .500.   

It'd be great to see them finish over .500, Buck Britton has never managed a team that ended up below the mark so I'm certainly hoping they can finish strong.

Just now, MurphDogg said:

Just saw that. Seemed like a no-brainer to me, glad the Orioles felt the same way.

Should have been there a few weeks ago but at least he gets some time there.

First 2 picks of your 2021 draft get to AAA in first full season.

If they stay healthy and develop things as they should, this is what should happen when you draft two advanced college bats early.

Nice when things work out as they are supposed to.

29 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

What's the corresponding move? Westburg to the majors?

I hope so.   He sure is ready, and I think a couple weeks in the bigs this season will help him as he goes into the offseason.  He is a very hard worker, and I think getting a feel for what areas of the big league game he should focus on this offseason would be valuable.