“Orioles big game shopping & most believe it's exclusively rotation”

Roll Tide

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Do you really have Cowser as untouchable?   Our 4-9 guys seem like there isn’t a big separation between them.  I think a Hall, Bradish, Cowser, and one of Westburg/Ortiz/Norby gets it done.   We have, arguably, the #1 system in baseball and that’s 3 top ten guys plus Bradish.   That would be tough for any team to beat.  The 2023 could easily withstand that trade and you’d still have 2 of Norby/Ortiz/Westburg.   Losing Cowser hurts but you still have Hays/Mullins/Stowers/Santander for at least the next two years while you hope on Fabian, Beavers, and Mayo (potentially as a RF).  It’s a bold move.  I wouldn’t like to think about it but it would be exciting.

He's not quite untouchable to me, but I am not going to move him for short term assets either. I suspect Elias also considers him pretty close to untouchable. 

Cowser, Hall, Westburg, and Bradish is probably about right. That is a steep price for 2 years of anyone though. If an extension window is granted and a new contract consummated, okay, let's do it. But if not, I would probably just look to improve the rotation some other way.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I want to see them push for Edward Cabrera. See if Mullins can net him.

If there is any possibility of a Mullins for Pablo Lopez trade, I would do it in a second. If I'm the Orioles I would push for a low minors prospect with some upside in addition to Lopez, but I would not let that hold up a deal and would deal Mullins for Lopez straight up if I had too.

2 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

If there is any possibility of a Mullins for Pablo Lopez trade, I would do it in a second. If I'm the Orioles I would push for a low minors prospect with some upside in addition to Lopez, but I would not let that hold up a deal and would deal Mullins for Lopez straight up if I had too.

I think that deal can happen.

I would prefer Cabrera although I would look to acquire both.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

I think that deal can happen.

I would prefer Cabrera although I would look to acquire both.

Bassit + Lopez makes this team a solid playoff contender IMO. Mullins would be a huge loss, but I think he is going to continue trending down while I think Lopez has some more potential to tap into over the next couple years.

In this scenario I would be extremely tempted to give Bellinger a short lease the first couple months and platoon him with McKenna in CF. And if it doesn't work out I'd be ready to move on to Cowser quickly (assuming he's ready by end of May/June).

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I want to see them push for Edward Cabrera. See if Mullins can net him.

Why Cabrera? I get that he's talented but he has only thrown 100+ innings twice (105 last year) and he seemed pretty lucky to have a 3.01era as his xERA was 4.05 and his FIP was 4.59.

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Big upside imo.  Not there right now but could be within a year or 2. 

If we're going the upside route, Rogers is probably the more realistic option. Reports have said that the Marlins are open to moving him while Cabrerra is likely a guy they see as a building block.

If we could get 4 years of Rogers for a Hays+Norby+lottery ticket type of package, I'd be very interested in letting Holt and his team take a crack at getting him back to his excellent 2021 form, especially since it would be nice to have another lefty starter.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DrinkinWithFermi said:

If we're going the upside route, Rogers is probably the more realistic option. Reports have said that the Marlins are open to moving him while Cabrerra is likely a guy they see as a building block.

If we could get 4 years of Rogers for a Hays+Norby+lottery ticket type of package, I'd be very interested in letting Holt and his team take a crack at getting him back to his excellent 2021 form, especially since it would be nice to have another lefty starter.

Yea, he would be a good option as well, especially if you can “buy low” on him.

30 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I'd be all over that deal. Might have been a physical thing last year too.

9 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I'd be all over that deal. Might have been a physical thing last year too.

It would probably require selling them on the idea of Hays as a decent regular option in CF, but considering some of the guys they have used in CF over the last couple of years, I think a case could be made.

1 hour ago, Es4M11 said:

Bassit + Lopez makes this team a solid playoff contender IMO. Mullins would be a huge loss, but I think he is going to continue trending down while I think Lopez has some more potential to tap into over the next couple years.

In this scenario I would be extremely tempted to give Bellinger a short lease the first couple months and platoon him with McKenna in CF. And if it doesn't work out I'd be ready to move on to Cowser quickly (assuming he's ready by end of May/June).

Bassitt and Lopez might help push the team into a competitive direction but a Bellinger/McKenna platoon would negate that. 

I truly don’t understand why I keep reading about Mullins being traded. There’s no one to take his place, we can get a Lopez-level SP on the market, plus there’s a lot of unknown as to how the larger bases will effect the game and keeping speedy guys seems like a good idea in case it has a significant impact on the game. 

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Do you really have Cowser as untouchable?   

Who has more trade value, Cowser or Mullins?   Would you trade Cowser for Lopez?

Pros for Cowser vs. Mullins: potentially the better hitter, better arm, six years of team control (3 at pre-Arb prices).

Cons for Cowser vs. Mullins: could disappoint with the bat, not as much range in CF, may need time in AAA.