Roch talks winter meetings

Sports Guy

I’m willing to wait and be patient until the end of the offseason. What choice do any of us really have?

But if the Orioles plan is to “nickel and dime” Free Agents, go bargain bin shopping, rely on prospect growth, and convince fans they are still in a rebuild with a “limited budget”; I think this will tell me all I need to know. The first name may have changed with ownership, but the last name is still the same.

If we don’t spend big now with this minuscule payroll when will we ever? If arb is going to be used as a reason to not spend on Free Agency will it get better when our younger players get more expensive through raises?

My greatest hope is that the Orioles actually care about their fans and MORE IMPORTANTLY about winning a championship.

I know to each his/her own, but I will never be able to get behind billions budgeting and pinching pennies to make more millions.

• Upvote 2

Roch's post from this morning:

The Orioles didn't take a spin in the rumor mill yesterday, but they're viewed here as one of the aggressors. Lots of talk about them already.

How much of it is believable is another matter. But the attention on them is a new dynamic since the old regime was replaced. 

• Upvote 1

Roch at the Winter Meetings, Day 1:

• Orioles PR tweet re: spring training tickets
  • MLB PR tweet re: Winter Meetings Boys & Girls club sports memorabilia auction 
  • Blog post mentioning Orioles as aggressors and Taillon interest

🙄😴😂

What's stopping Roch from calling it a day right there, and just retweeting any Orioles news that breaks while he's at the bar? Just be like "can confirm" and order another margarita man. Who's gonna know?

Edited by interloper