MLB Pipeline's Top 10 RHP Prospects for 2023

SpOkane

16 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Top 10 third baseman.

Gunnar is obviously 1…Mayo comes in at 9.

https://www.mlb.com/news/top-third-base-prospects-2023

It’s only obvious if you consider Henderson to be a 3B, not a SS.

They say a ton of positive things about Henderson, but their 55 speed grade actually underrated him, as he was in the 92nd percentile in MLB last year at 29.1 ft/sec.

• Upvote 1

Keep an eye on: Joey Ortiz, Orioles 
As if the Orioles needed another promising young infielder. Ortiz, a fourth-round pick in 2019, is a slick-fielding shortstop with plenty of arm for the position. He faced questions with the bat entering last season but handled a jump to Triple-A quite well with a .346/.400/.567 line and serviceable 14.8 percent K rate in 26 games. His near-readiness may make it easier for Baltimore to keep Gunnar Henderson at third base and give the O’s their long-term left side of the infield.”

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

For this year?

That's a deep, deep sleeper pick since there is no indications he will make the opening day roster with the current personnel on the 40-man and his struggles at AAA last year.

Yeah, it's a 'throw-in' comment.  For context, every other OF on the list was an NL guy.  Cowser being the only AL guy on the list kinda makes him the default 'guy' to talk about when guessing ROY candidates.

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

I may eat these words, but in my opinion,  Yankee prospect Anthony Volpe is overrated.  I like Ortiz better.   

Yankees hype machine. He has no biz at 1. Good upside but not 1.

At least Dominguez isn’t on the OF list.

Edited by Sports Guy