2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

5 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

I think our winning percentage is better against lefties.  

Sure.  Wasn't meant as a complaint, just an observation.  I love that we have a viable (and very different at times) lineup vs both RH and LH pitchers.  Great to have depth so guys like Cowser and Frazier and O'hearn can maximize their potential (yes I know Cowser in particular will have to learn to hit lefties at some point, but doesn't have to be right now)

Just now, EdwinRip said:

O’s must like Mateo in CF a lot.

I think they're trying to find reasons to keep him on the roster. Even if all he brings to the table speed and defense, the value of that is amplified if he can provide that at the two most important positions on the field.

And with Mullins/Hicks hurt, Gunnar a rookie, and Joey Ortiz toiling away in the mines of Norfolk, they really don't have many options at SS and CF who they would feel totally comfortable with starting in the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Sure.  Wasn't meant as a complaint, just an observation.  I love that we have a viable (and very different at times) lineup vs both RH and LH pitchers.  Great to have depth so guys like Cowser and Frazier and O'hearn can maximize their potential (yes I know Cowser in particular will have to learn to hit lefties at some point, but doesn't have to be right now)

Cowser needs to learn to hit righties at some point.

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

Hard to know because he literally hasn't had a ball hit to him yet, LOL.

That's a powerful force he's exerting! Are our corner outfielders prepared?

Perhaps a flip of the compound in the movie It Happens Every Spring that makes the ball avoid wood, i.e. bats, and leads St. Louis to a World Series triumph.