2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

2 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

I really like this lineup.  Probably my favorite with who is on the current roster and who is hitting the ball well.

Yep..definitely surprised that Urias is in over Frazier though. (Not saying that’s good or bad, just saying I’m surprised they don’t have the lefty in there today)

Edited by Sports Guy

15 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yep..definitely surprised that Urias is in over Frazier though. (Not saying that’s good or bad, just saying I’m surprised they don’t have the lefty in there today)

Frazier seems to have found a place on the bench at least a little bit sooner than Odor did last year.  I'm sure he'll still have his moments but this would seem to indicate he's not a priority play.

43 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Frazier seems to have found a place on the bench at least a little bit sooner than Odor did last year.  I'm sure he'll still have his moments but this would seem to indicate he's not a priority play.

Yea although you wonder if he is dealing with some kind of a nagging injury.

Still, it seems like they finally got the hint that the defense was weighing him down more than the bat was helping.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Roch reports Frazier has a sore left thumb.   He was not available off the bench last night, and he "might" be available off the bench tonight.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Roch reports Frazier has a sore left thumb.   He was not available off the bench last night, and he "might" be available off the bench tonight.

I guess that makes sense why they didn’t pinch hit him for Mateo last night in a bunt situation.  Yeah bunting doesn’t probably hurt his hand but if you don’t get it down then you would have to try and hit with two strikes.