2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

So it keeps opening up? How is this going to heal without actual rest?

Just IL him and bring up Cowser or Westburg or Ortiz.  

Why are we having this series, entering a tough part of the schedule with one less option on the bench and a roster spot to a light hitting third catcher?

Just awful.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Why are we having this series, entering a tough part of the schedule with one less option on the bench and a roster spot to a light hitting third catcher?

Just awful.

I wish they were more willing to IL Hays when he has his nagging injuries (and whoever, just we've seen it with Hays the most). Avoiding these instances where you're basically playing a man down for a few days should be one of the benefits of having such a stacked AAA club.

17 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Just awful.

At least the Orioles have three catchers at their disposal instead of a player like Cowser who could fill in for Hays. 

I know Hays is banged up (and it is stupid not to have IL'd him by now), but having to start McKenna against a great pitcher like Fried is indicative of the roster mismanagement by Elias. Call up Westburg already. Westburg is the best option the organization has to play 2B, DH or RF against LHP. 

7 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

At least the Orioles have three catchers at their disposal instead of a player like Cowser who could fill in for Hays. 

I honestly prefer that Cowser not be used in such a manner. When he's called up, I hope like Gunnar, that he is up for good.

2 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

We don’t have a RH outfield or DH option in AAA better than McKenna or McCann?  I don’t think it’s a travesty but not ideal.  

Westburg for both. And if the organization doesn't trust Westburg in RF, he's the best option the organization has at 2B against LHP (and I believe overall). I'd take Ortiz over Frazier both against LHP and overall as well.

6 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Don’t look now, but McKenna has an .813 OPS on the season. 

I noticed that before his last at bat he was hitting a cool .302 (.294 after making an out).  Not that I want to see him in the lineup too often, but he’s been pretty hot lately.  .333/.364/.571 in his last 15 games.

6 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Just awful.

What a wuss.  If he played hockey, he’d just cut it off and put it out back on after the season.  

Edited by emmett16

5 hours ago, Brooks The Great said:

Westburg for both. And if the organization doesn't trust Westburg in RF, he's the best option the organization has at 2B against LHP (and I believe overall). I'd take Ortiz over Frazier both against LHP and overall as well.

Norby played RF in Norfolk tonight. 

14 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Don’t look now, but McKenna has an .813 OPS on the season. 

McKenna is a decent 4th outfielder and deserving MLB role player. Contrary to what many here think he'd have a spot on most MLB rosters. 

11 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

McKenna is a decent 4th outfielder and deserving MLB role player. Contrary to what many here think he'd have a spot on most MLB rosters. 

I think 75% of people on Twitter who get bent out of shape about him don’t realize that his primary value is defensive replacement / PR (one crazy lapse defensively doesn’t change that) 

3 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

I think 75% of people on Twitter who get bent out of shape about him don’t realize that his primary value is defensive replacement / PR (one crazy lapse defensively doesn’t change that) 

It's also a tendency to fall into lines like "the real good teams just don't do _______." Usually those claims are just wrong. People just don't remember other teams' bad losses, or other teams' 25th/26th best players, because they aren't following those teams as much.