Kyle Bradish 2023

Frobby

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Wonder if he pitches again before the playoffs? I think it would be too many days to not pitch but I also don’t know if you have him go out and throw 90-100 pitches.  Maybe act as an opener or something?

Yeah I really don’t like the idea of him not pitching for 10+ Days. He should prob at least pitch 2-3 for the last game.

16 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Wonder if he pitches again before the playoffs? I think it would be too many days to not pitch but I also don’t know if you have him go out and throw 90-100 pitches.  Maybe act as an opener or something?

That's why bullpen sessions and simulated games exist.  They'll give him a chance to rest while also keep him stretched out.

27 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I've mentioned it in a couple of posts but IMO the best move is to have him start the last game of the season, pitch 2 or 3 innings, then get yanked for Flaherty or Irvin.

9 minutes ago, foxfield said:

So when we complained that Elias didn't get TOR pitching in the offseason, do we now need to curve that grade?  Bradish is what we wanted.

Exactly right. However, I really don't think he knew what he had in Bradish. He was counting on Rodriguez becoming the ace. That is arguably questionable if you don't know what you have in GrayRod, but he was probably more likely the guy they saw as a true ace, probably still is-eventually. The stuff is better, but not by a whole lot. The slider Bradish throws is filthy. And when he's touching 96-97 with command he is every bit an ace. The future is looking bright with both of them and right now, Bradish is leading the way.

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

Exactly right. However, I really don't think he knew what he had in Bradish. He was counting on Rodriguez becoming the ace. That is arguably questionable if you don't know what you have in GrayRod, but he was probably more likely the guy they saw as a true ace, probably still is-eventually. The stuff is better, but not by a whole lot. The slider Bradish throws is filthy. And when he's touching 96-97 with command he is every bit an ace. The future is looking bright with both of them and right now, Bradish is leading the way.

I think you are right.  I don't know if he knew...not sure anyone did.  Well maybe Wildcard...ha ha.

23 minutes ago, yark14 said:

That's why bullpen sessions and simulated games exist.  They'll give him a chance to rest while also keep him stretched out.

Maybe, but everyone knows BP sessions are not the same. It would be ideal to get him into the last game, maybe only for an abbreviated five IP. He'll still get the rest he needs. 

• Upvote 1