Jordan Westburg 2023

Just Regular

8 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

He's been a very streaky player throughout his career, seems to be on quite a heater now.  Fascinated to see who gets the call first between him and Ortiz.

I agree; will be very interesting to see how this works out.  But without an injury or two to our major league infielders, I'm not sure how Westburg, Norby, or Ortiz make it onto the roster no matter how good their stats are.  And even if they do, I don't see Hyde putting Frazier on the bench for one of the prospects, no matter how bad Frazier's numbers are...

42 minutes ago, Otter said:

I agree; will be very interesting to see how this works out.  But without an injury or two to our major league infielders, I'm not sure how Westburg, Norby, or Ortiz make it onto the roster no matter how good their stats are.  And even if they do, I don't see Hyde putting Frazier on the bench for one of the prospects, no matter how bad Frazier's numbers are...

Which is why many of us were so against the Frazier signing. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Westburg really has all-fields power.  

He does and he probably has more than most but if you’ve noticed, most of our prospects are good at going oppo for homers.  Mayo is about the only one I can think of who hasn’t incorporated it yet.

Of the newer guys Fabian seems like pull power only as well.

Edited by RZNJ

1 hour ago, Ridgway22 said:

If the bat plays, you'd think a SS / Middle Infielder could be a plus 1B. 

I'd honestly prefer Westburg to Mountcastle at 1B both now and long-term. If Mountcastle can be traded for decent value, a lineup with Mullins, Adley, Cowser, Gunnar, Westburg, Ortiz, and eventually Kjerstad later this season would be hell for opposing pitcher's pitch counts. 

• Upvote 3

On 4/28/2023 at 11:30 PM, Ridgway22 said:

If the bat plays, you'd think a SS / Middle Infielder could be a plus 1B. 

If Westburg could learn 1B, it would certainly solve the middle infielder surplus until Holliday is ready. Would mean moving on from Mountcastle but I'm ok with that.

Gunnar (3B)... Mateo (SS)... Ortiz (2B)... Westburg (1B)

On 4/29/2023 at 12:43 AM, Brooks The Great said:

I'd honestly prefer Westburg to Mountcastle at 1B both now and long-term. If Mountcastle can be traded for decent value, a lineup with Mullins, Adley, Cowser, Gunnar, Westburg, Ortiz, and eventually Kjerstad later this season would be hell for opposing pitcher's pitch counts. 

If Mountcastle can't be traded for "decent value", do you move him anyway to make room for those that are ready??