The Rotation

Roll Tide

On 3/10/2023 at 1:10 PM, RZNJ said:

Bradish is a lock.  Barring injury or a GRod implosion, Wells is going to the bullpen.

I have to agree. I think Bradish is more of a lock than Grayson though I think they both will be in the rotation. Wells is going to the pen where he probably fits best anyways.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I have to agree. I think Bradish is more of a lock than Grayson though I think they both will be in the rotation. Wells is going to the pen where he probably fits best anyways.

We'll finally get to see Grayson on TV tomorrow against the Sox.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 10:10 AM, eddie83 said:

The rotation is set. Not official but it is.

-Yesterday 3/16 it was Irvin 
-Today 3/17 Kremer pitches 

-Tomorrow 3/18 Grod

-Bradish last threw on 3/10 in a MLB game, on a back field yesterday  3/16. 

-Gibson pitched last 3/13. I assume he starts one of SS games Sunday probably vs Pittsburgh. 3/19. 

The last spring game is Monday 3/27. Not more spring off days. Two off days before opener in Boston on 3/30. The 21st both Irvin and Bradish would be on turn and we face Boston. I was a little surprised more Jays regulars didn’t play last night but I doubt they pitch Bradish vs Boston even if the Orioles are home on Tuesday and then turn around and faces them in Boston. Will have to see. They can tweak who pitches by a day or so the last week of spring.

3/19 SS Pitts  Gibson? 

SS @NYY  Watkins??

3/20 @PHI Wells/Zimmerman??

3/21 BOS  

3/22 @TOR 

3/23 DET 

3/24 NYY

3/25 @PITTS

3/26 @PHI

3/27 STL

3/30 Opening Day in Boston 

I can’t see the Orioles pitching Grayson tomorrow vs Sox and then again in Boston 2 weeks later. I can’t see them pitching Bradish vs Boston on the 21st and then in Boston so I guess Irvin goes that game. 

I’m going with Gibson, Bradish and Kremer vs Boston. Grod the first game in Texas and then Irvin. I’m guessing they want Kremer, Bradish and Grod set up to face the Yanks. 

Irvin/Bradish on the 16th, Kremer yesterday, Grayson today, Gibson tomorrow. To me that suggests an order of Gibson, Irvin, Bradish, Kremer, Grayson. Unless someone gets moved around. It looks like Gibson is lined up to pitch 3/20, 3/25, and 3/30.

36 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Irvin/Bradish on the 16th, Kremer yesterday, Grayson today, Gibson tomorrow. To me that suggests an order of Gibson, Irvin, Bradish, Kremer, Grayson. Unless someone gets moved around. It looks like Gibson is lined up to pitch 3/20, 3/25, and 3/30.

I can’t see Irvin in Boston which would line him up for NYY as well. Irvin could pitch on 26-27th as well. 

21 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Why does the team they are facing matter for a veteran pitcher?

21 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Why does the team they are facing matter for a veteran pitcher?

He probably figures Fenway is tough for a lefty but I wouldn't be that worried. 

On 3/17/2023 at 11:51 AM, Tony-OH said:

I’m wondering if you still feel this way given your comments in today’s GT regarding GRod. Don’t Wells, not as much Voth, look to be better candidates to fill out the rotation while Rodriguez figures out the breaking stuff at Norfolk? And at the same time they have valid reasons to cover the service time issue. 

9 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Yes. Irvin is not a stuff guy either. 

No, but he’s a location guy and has a changeup.  I’m curious to see he he does at Fenway.  The Red Sox have had craft LHP who have succeeded in Fenway.