How many games will the O’s win in 2023?

Frobby

How many games will the Orioles win in 2023?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the O’s win in 2023?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/30/23 at 17:00

I voted 79-82 but just to be even more specific, I think the team will be about 5-8 games over at the trading deadline.   Gibson and Irvin have shown (Irvin's sample is only 2 years) to be first half pitchers.    Unfortunately, I think both will have poor second halves and this team will falter in August and September.

Went with the 83-86, but I'm hopeful for more.   I think that Gibson and Irvin will do better than some (many?) here believe.  Means, Rodriquez, and Hall will all be available to take over for any underperformers.  Adley and Gunnar are here for the full season (barring injury).  If Mateo or Frazier don't hit, Westburg and Ortiz should be available.  And, Cowser and Kjerstad could be ready soon too.

Or it could all go to crap.  But, I don't think it will.

I think the 76-80 win range seems like a reasonable outcome due to bullpen regression and a lack of reliable starting pitching (I think Kremer will have a good year, am optimistic about Irvin, and less optimistic about the rest of the opening day rotation; if it was Means, Kremer, Irvin, Rodriguez, and Hall all healthy and pitching well, I’d be more optimistic). I selected the low end so my expectations will be exceeded (hopefully).

I picked 83-86.  I fear the O's will fall just short of the playoffs.  I hope O's fans aren't looking back at the end of the year and wondering what would have been if Elias/the O's had made true upgrades especially in the starting pitching.  If Westburg/Ortiz is tearing it up at Norfolk in the first half and Frazier and Mateo is struggling, maybe going w/ prospects could have made the difference.

I hope I'm wrong.

My optimistic pick is 84 wins. I'm really curious to see our record on May 1st. I will be very disappointed if we are at or under .500. Looking over the schedule, I'm hoping for at least 17 W's by May.  Middle inning relief has to perform to keep us in games when starter fails.

I am very concerned that regression is the likely outcome for this team. I hope I'm wrong but I am getting a very negative vibe. 

-Top pitching prospect disappoints and is sent down

- Top position player seems to be ok but not spectacular in Spring Training after being handed the 3B job

- The kid that has the best spring, (Westburg) has no place to play because they signed a journeyman IF (again) to play 2B

- The guy who gets the ball on Opening Day had an ERA = 5.05 last year

- The big addition to the bullpen is on the IL to start the season.

I'm not sure I like where this is going. I'm not sure the Front Office did enough to bolster the young core of players. I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

• Upvote 1