I can't get over how much Angelos has killed off the fanbase

Greenpastures23

20 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Now this should really piss people off.

He really is just the worst.  He is already planting the seeds of pathetic excuses for why he won't allow the Orioles to extend their talented, homegrown players.  The only solution is to have him sell the team and get his bum a** as far from this team as possible. 

20 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I really think he’s just stupid. He’s just not a smart person, at least when it comes to baseball and business and marketing and PR and really anything that he is involved in.

When I worked there and he was basically running the business side of things, there were just so many bad decisions and ideas coming from him/his office.

Sorry for the third post in a row, but he really is just awful.  Come up with ten negative adjectives, and there's a good chance they all suit him.  

31 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Missed it yesterday but the Adley response was all you needed to hear. 5 years early he is already laying the groundwork.

Draft, develop, and let someone else pay them. We are the Oakland A's. 

Realistically, if Adley isn’t re-signed after this season or next season (in his final pre-arbitration year) at the absolute latest, he’s probably traded after the 2025 season because he’ll have more value with 2 years of team control remaining. It’s why some of us were so disappointed in the off-season because we felt like the team was wasting a second year of Adley.

I have weathered a lot of mismanagement as a fan. I’m not sure how I’ll feel when they inevitably trade Adley. Cleveland has locked up Gimenez and Ramirez to 9 figure deals, Franco was locked up to a 9 figure deal for Tampa. I’m sick of hearing that this franchise is some sort of poverty franchise that can’t operate in that way. The organization has significant flexibility to make 9 figure extensions happen. The only thing preventing it is whatever profit JA demands.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

At least the local media isnt lying low and cowering like they did for his dad. They dont seem intimidated by John. 

They aren’t asking him nearly enough.

The follow up should have been, what about San Diego, a similar market to us?  Or what about how Tampa, a team with far less revenue, is able to extend players? 

Edited by Sports Guy

23 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

Realistically, if Adley isn’t re-signed after this season or next season (in his final pre-arbitration year) at the absolute latest, he’s probably traded after the 2025 season because he’ll have more value with 2 years of team control remaining. It’s why some of us were so disappointed in the off-season because we felt like the team was wasting a second year of Adley.

I have weathered a lot of mismanagement as a fan. I’m not sure how I’ll feel when they inevitably trade Adley. Cleveland has locked up Gimenez and Ramirez to 9 figure deals, Franco was locked up to a 9 figure deal for Tampa. I’m sick of hearing that this franchise is some sort of poverty franchise that can’t operate in that way. The organization has significant flexibility to make 9 figure extensions happen. The only thing preventing it is whatever profit JA demands.

The Angelos family is going to drive off the remainder of the fanbase if they screw up the good thing they fell into with Adley, Gunnar, Grayson and the additional prospects in the pipeline. 

And don’t expect Elias to stick around as he builds up his reputation as a GM. This why I don’t fully believe the talk that the Angelos sons will be better than their father. Maybe there will be marginal improvements with player development, but John Angelos is already crying about not extending Adley isn’t a good sign of what’s to come. 

34 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

Oh but didn’t you read John in the Sun claiming “every dime” goes right back into the franchise? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The Angelos family is going to drive off the remainder of the fanbase if they screw up the good thing they fell into with Adley, Gunnar, Grayson and the additional prospects in the pipeline. 

And don’t expect Elias to stick around as he builds up his reputation as a GM. This why I don’t fully believe the talk that the Angelos sons will be better than their father. Maybe there will be marginal improvements with player development, but John Angelos is already crying about not extending Adley isn’t a good sign of what’s to come. 

This is the difference between true creative leaders and nepotism.  John has never created or done one thing in his life that isn’t Daddy.  So rather than take a bold step and break with his old man and have already locked down Adley .. no he just plays Daddy games, cheapskate it and blame the press for all problems 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

They aren’t asking him nearly enough.

The follow up should have been, what about San Diego, a similar market to us?  Or what about how Tampa, a team with far less revenue, is able to extend players? 

I think we need to leave San Diego out of the discussion.  They truly seem to be operating at a loss.  I don’t expect my owner to subsidize the team.  But obviously if Tampa and Cleveland can afford the occasional $100 mm+ contract, so can the O’s.  

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think we need to leave San Diego out of the discussion.  They truly seem to be operating at a loss.  I don’t expect my owner to subsidize the team.  But obviously if Tampa and Cleveland can afford the occasional $100 mm+ contract, so can the O’s.  

It doesn’t matter. SD is in that market and can afford these deals. I’m not asking him to carry a 200+M payroll. But to show that he can spend money and be 130ish is certainly not too much to ask.