Chris Archer is still a free agent.

oriolediehard

Had a 4.56 ERA with the Twins last year. Biggest difference seems to be that his BB/9 has gone up around 4 the last three years. Had surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome in mid 2020 following the worst season of his career in 2019. Has had other little issues since then. May be a 4.50ish guy unless he can have a renaissance. Depends how bad your needs are I guess.

I'm not worried of the quantity of Orioles starting pitchers...

1. Kyle Gibson

2. Dean Kremer

3. Cole Irvin

4. Kyle Bradish

5. Tyler Wells

6. Grayson Rodriguez

7. Austin Voth

8. John Means

9. DL Hall

I'm worried about the quality of Orioles starting pitchers. I'm dubious this is the staff of a playoff team. I was dubious before the off-season and the off-season additions did little to quell that doubt. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

5.19 last year in the NL. He’d probably be a mid 5 here. I think we can do better.

That was 4 years ago. 

14 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

We really should stop replying to these threads.

Nothing wrong with raising the question, especially since there's a lot of current angst about our bullpen depth. No reason for the O's to sign him though unless they have reason to believe his stuff would play up in a relief role. 

I'm actually surprised Archer doesn't have a job somewhere and it makes me wonder if there's a health issue. 

7 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

That was 4 years ago. 

Nothing wrong with raising the question, especially since there's a lot of current angst about our bullpen depth. No reason for the O's to sign him though unless they have reason to believe his stuff would play up in a relief role. 

I'm actually surprised Archer doesn't have a job somewhere and it makes me wonder if there's a health issue. 

Very possible it’s health related Archer only pitched 41 innings from July 1st to the end of the season last year. 

From September 1st forward Archer pitched 7 innings in two starts. 

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s