Gunnar Henderson 2023

Just Regular

3 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

He doesn’t belong on the team right now if age is an excuse for failing to produce.

Of course. This team is an absolute world series favorite and Gunnar is holding them back. If only "insert player" had his at bats we would have a top 5 record in the MLB.....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dibbs31 said:

Westburg is a better prospect than Gunnar? Need what you are smoking

Well, he’s putting up better numbers than the ones that made Henderson a “top prospect”, which is a meaningless term when you perform like Henderson is right now.

1 minute ago, Dibbs31 said:

Westburg is a better prospect than Gunnar? Need what you are smoking

Remember that Westburg is a fully-baked ML-ready player who needs absolutely zero adjustment time between AAA and the majors. 

Just now, DirtyBird said:

Well, he’s putting up better numbers than the ones that made Henderson a “top prospect”, which is a meaningless term when you perform like Henderson is right now.

Gotcha. Our world series chances hinge on Gunnar vs. Jordan. 

Just now, 24fps said:

Remember that Westburg is a fully-baked ML-ready player who needs absolutely zero adjustment time between AAA and the majors. 

Is he? Didnt realize AAA to major league was a perfect transition. 

17 minutes ago, Dibbs31 said:

Is he? Didnt realize AAA to major league was a perfect transition. 

Of course it it.  That's why it's high time to give up on Gunnar Henderson.   Any real prospect wouldn't spend a month (A MONTH!!!) not living up to internet message board expectations.  Good riddance, I say...

Sorry if the sarcasm isn't coming through as intended.  It seems that Gunnar Henderson will need a little more time to make the adjustment to the major league level.  I think I can count on one hand the number of people on here who wouldn't gladly grant him that time.  Thankfully I think that generosity extends to everybody in the Warehouse whose job it is to run the team.

14 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Of course it it.  That's why it's high time to give up on Gunnar Henderson.   Any real prospect wouldn't spend a month (A MONTH!!!) not living up to internet message board expectations.  Good riddance, I say...

Sorry if the sarcasm isn't coming through as intended.  It seems that Gunnar Henderson will need a little more time to make the adjustment to the major league level.  I think I can count on one hand the number of people on here who wouldn't gladly grant him that time.  Thankfully I think that generosity extends to everybody in the Warehouse whose job it is to run the team.

Cheers man. Sarcasm probably ran over my head

41 minutes ago, Dibbs31 said:

We have a fun fanbase

Most sound clueless. I'm in ah of all these armchair GM's.

People need to relax. This team with all its flaws is still 2nd best in the MLB!

Let the young guys play, adjust and learn. This isn't a WS or bust year.

Edited by StatusDC

I don't like the knee jerk reactions and criticisms some fans have of Gunnar. It's like they were New York Yankee fans.

Be patient, let him play, and it's very likely he will eventually impress you again and again down the road. Stop putting so much expectations and pressure on him. Just let the talented young man play baseball and continue to grow from his experience.

A bit surprised to see what a sacred cow Gunnar has become around here. People who are usually ready to roast anyone and everyone for the slightest lapses, for some reason give Henderson immunity. I'm not saying he's a bum, by any stretch; but no prospect however highly touted gets a blank check in this game. A demotion at a young age isn't all about skills or pedigree. It can also be a breather from the pressure, a reset to restore confidence in those skills playing up for a change. As for helping the team, I'll just chip in on that double, for Urias it's a piece of cake. 

BTW our golden boy of the month Mateo is looking pretty sad right now too. Meanwhile Norfolk is loaded: Westburg and Ortiz, for starters. I haven't been on the Westburg bandwagon yet but the dude is raking. Gotta think he deserves his shot soon. 

• Upvote 1