I am officially in the McKenna got to go camp

banks703

1 minute ago, Safelykept said:

Good overview of his year so far. By the way that recent Frazier thread were their were posters who made some good points that went against your opinions of Frazier. I wanted to reply and agree with them, but you dont agree with any body thats pro Frazier, so you lock it down. So now if Frazier keeps doing what he what brought here to do  we cant talk about him? You are doing a great job Tony.

Frazier has an Adam Frazier 2023 thread, like any other player.  This one seemed to be deteriorating into another rehash of his signing, which has been beaten to death. 

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Frazier has an Adam Frazier 2023 thread, like any other player.  This one seemed to be deteriorating into another rehash of his signing, which has been beaten to death. 

Then why  let somebody on  the board open a new thread that was not closed down until page 5 of comments. Where is that Frazier Thread

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think a lot of people missed what I felt was the point of that thread.  I don't think it was to defend his signing or the amount of PT he is getting, which I believe all but a very small minority think is wrong.  But more to point out that our very reasonable disagreement with the decisions to sign him and play him a lot has made him into a target of both strong dislike that he personally doesn't deserve, as well as assumption that he is a horrible no-value player which isn't true either.  People are sometimes amazed when he does something good, like it's a monkey playing Beethoven on the piano or something.

4 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Then why  let somebody on  the board open a new thread that was not closed down until page 5 of comments. Where is that Frazier Thread

Because Tony doesn’t spend 24 hours a day policing the board.  He has a day job.  

• Upvote 1

Its nice McKenna is on a hot run.     With the brightest orange tint, you can wishcast him as stronger than even Mullins with the platoon advantage.      I think back in the Minors Mullins and McKenna profiled closer in projection.

I do think as the 2023 roster hopefully grows stronger and stronger as the year rolls along, he's an interesting middle case for job loss in year.      There's no pressure now with O'Hearn and Vavra among today's 13.

We won't know the outcomes with the Top 18-20 position players until hours if not minutes of the trade deadline.  Boy would it be nice if McKenna at the top of the deck could be a 2nd or 3rd piece in something big.

3 hours ago, Safelykept said:

Good overview of his year so far. By the way that recent Frazier thread were their were posters who made some good points that went against your opinions of Frazier. I wanted to reply and agree with them, but you dont agree with any body thats pro Frazier, so you lock it down. So now if Frazier keeps doing what he what brought here to do  we cant talk about him? You are doing a great job Tony.

Quite the opinion of me after 49 posts.

We have 9,000 threads including his 2023 thread to discuss Frazier. It has nothing to do with how he is doing. I didn't even read the thread after the first four posts because I saw the same arguments that we've seen over and over.

Since I will assume you are new, let me welcome you and also fill you in the rule that has been around here for 25 years. If you don't like how this board is moderated or run, feel free to go elsewhere because it's not going to change. 

4 hours ago, banks703 said:

All fair and I root very hard for Ryan as he is essentially a better version of myself. If I could hit a little more, who knows how much further I might’ve gone. With that personal connection and affinity to the grinding, scrappier guy that he is, he just HAS to realize at some point that while he is currently a Major League Baseball player (one of only a few hundred in the entire world) he is limited in his ability to impact games. Is he going to OPS .830+ for an entire season in a limited role? Probably not. He has value as that fourth/fifth outfielder who can do the things that you mentioned but good grief.

The game the other night he threw home when he had zero chance at the play, which allowed the runner to advance to third, killing the possibility of a force-out there. If he throws to third and keeps the force alive perhaps they pitch the next better different and the Angels only score the one run there.

Ryan doesn’t do enough to positively impact the games at the major league level that they can long-term accept his miscues. It’s going to cost them more games. It seems like he makes one of these dumbass plays every game that he starts. I can’t think that they are OK with that. I sure am not OK with it and I root for the guy probably more than any other player on the team, the exception being Hays because he’s my current favorite player. 

I don't dislike McKenna (other than that ridiculous bandana thing),  I think he is useful but fourth OF's are easily replaceable.

My concern was not the poor decision to throw home.  His throw has to be in line with the cut off man (Frazier) who was lined up with the plate, he's supposed to hit or throw over the cut off man to keep the runner (lead run) from advancing.  He missed Frazier by about 20 feet when he was 75 feet away.  That's not only laziness-that's also poor decision making and poor execution.

Another concern-and the reason his mistakes are so visible is that he seems to make these errors at critical times.  

1 hour ago, SemperFi said:

I don't dislike McKenna (other than that ridiculous bandana thing),  I think he is useful but fourth OF's are easily replaceable.

My concern was not the poor decision to throw home.  His throw has to be in line with the cut off man (Frazier) who was lined up with the plate, he's supposed to hit or throw over the cut off man to keep the runner (lead run) from advancing.  He missed Frazier by about 20 feet when he was 75 feet away.  That's not only laziness-that's also poor decision making and poor execution.

Another concern-and the reason his mistakes are so visible is that he seems to make these errors at critical times.  

Agreed. As stated, I do like McKenna and obviously root for his success but man some of these mistakes have been devastating. 

Coming into this year I had the O’s improving by 5 games. I swear that drop in Boston is going to come back to bite them in the butt. 

On his throw home - he’s got to know situational baseball. He had zero chance of throwing out the runner at the plate. There was no reason whatsoever to attempt it and airmail the cutoff man. The physical mistakes I can live with but the mental errors are tough to reconcile. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

McKenna just about collided with Mullins over a fly ball in the gap that Mullins was clearly calling for, and as the CF, clearly his ball.

Came to post this exact thing. Dude legit almost cost them the game with a bonehead play in the field. Again. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...