Next fifteen games -predictions

tntoriole

I hate these threads and I think the baseball Gods hate these threads. At least they hate them for the Orioles. 

I just want them to win every series they play, which are mostly three game sets. I won't offer a prediction but rather state that I will be happy with 10-5 over these next 15. Anything better than that will be fantastic. 

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

7 or less wins is basically unacceptable.

8 would be ok but a missed opportunity for sure.

9-10 should be expected.

11+ would be great and really taking advantage of a part of the schedule that you need to take advantage of for long term season success.

This is why an ace or someone like Degrom wouldve been so huge, is because you could almost pencil them in as 3-0 against these weak lineups.  3-0 is huge when you're talking about getting 11-4 over the next 15.  

12 hours ago, sevastras said:

Pitching has been garbage, hitting has been better than expected. Pitching will get better, hitting will cool down a bit. That said, 13-2 because the schedule is easier than the schedule they have played thus far. 

It has been inconsistent and a few individuals have disappointed.  But I think garbage is not the right word.  Obviously, the O's are doing better offensively than they are pitching and defensively, but I do expect that to be a bit of an outlier.  The Orioles need to get better pitching for sure, but there are some good signs.  For example, Grayson has had bad innings but has pitched pretty well.  If/when he figures that out, I expect him to look better.  I think there are several guys that this could happen for...

Perhaps that's too optimistic, but in spite of the inconsistencies in pitching and defense, the Orioles are still one game behind the Jays/Yankees and ahead of everyone else in the wildcard chase.  And it is still just 16 games.  

The reality is they are where the need to be, but of course it won't improve without better pitching.

Off to a good start. Back-to-back shutouts feels good no matter who you're playing. I hope we continue to make some hay during this soft spot in the schedule, because it ends abruptly. From Roch:

The series in Atlanta from May 5-7 is followed by three home games against the Rays, who started 13-0.

Those six games are going to tell us far more about who we are than beating up on bottom feeders. I certainly don't consider us to be of the category of teams that "should" be beating anyone really, but it's nice that we are not struggling against bad teams. I don't really care what our record is in that six-game stretch, but I want those games to be competitive and for us to walk away feeling like we belong with that competition.

Yes, it's six games in May. Generally, not a big deal. But the last few times it felt like we were going to break out a bit, we fell hard.