Tuesday, April 18: Orioles at Nationals

SteveA

8 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I know that Mountcastle had that great 9 RBI game last week, but I just don’t like him batting behind Adley. Not enough consistent ABs, get’s himself out way too often way too easy.

Mountcastle came into this game with a .243 OBP. He's an out machine. The homers have been there, but basically he's become Renato Núñez.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Mountcastle came into this game with a .243 OBP. He's an out machine. The homers have been there, but basically he's become Renato Núñez.

It isn't helping that every time he hits the ball hard and it doesn't go over the wall it finds a glove.

He can't keep getting this unlucky.

3 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

Still early my brother.

He’s kind of like the same guy from last year. He just doesn’t have the plate discipline to be a middle of the order hitter on a championship level team. He’s fine maybe hitting 5. But probably best #6.

47 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

Is Gunnar coached to bounce the throw like that, like it might get there faster that way? I've seen Mateo do that a few times last year and it didn't always look accidental. When is a player supposed to do that?

I don't think a 2 hopper is ever something you want. Sometimes if you can't get much on the ball it's ok to let it bounce, but usually not more than once.

Gunnar spiked that one but it was on line and very catchable from the first baseman.