Wednesday afternoon April 27: rubber match vs Boston

SteveA

I wish they would have challenged in.    Justin Turner with the flaming red and hipster beard tries to project a youthful image, but he's pretty far along the Miguel Cabrera ancient football field.

He still knows the zone and can hit, but I don't think he could beat Walltimore if you tried to let him.

Not missing forest for trees, another heck of a performance from Wells.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Eh, if he stays in AAA, I don't really care either way.  Someone has to soak up innings, though in general I'd rather it be a young guy who can use the time to improve versus a washed up has-been.  I DO worry about us calling him up because he is a 'vet' and we have a tendency to give vets more rope than they sometimes deserve, even at the MLB level.  But for AAA depth it's hard to really care either way.  Certainly wouldn't call it a 'smart signing' but as long as he's just AAA fodder, it's a 'meh' type signing.  If he gets called up and then hammered, as is likely based on his recent numbers, THEN it's a dumb move.  But tossing pitches in AAA doesn't bother me, as long as he isn't taking time away from guys who need the work and could be a help to the MLB team.
    • This is amazeballs.  Just made my morning.
    • Dont we need to start The Mountcastle extension thread first
    • 1B Mountcastle 2B Norby SS Henderson 3B Westburg  C  Rutschman LF Cowser CF Holliday RF Mayo DH Kjerstad Or, so Bemorewins doesn’t have a coronary.  Holliday at 2B, Norby in LF, and Cowser in CF. Moose, if you want we can delete Mountcastle, put Mayo at 1B and Stowers in RF or LF and make it not just homegrown but Elias drafted players exclusively.
    • I guess AD is Adam Jones? I mention him because they are similar hitters.  Good power, decent average, mediocre OBP, chases a lot of pitches, etc… I have no idea why you are even mentioning Mullins here And goodness, do you actually read what I’m saying?  I never said Mounty will be bad. I never said he would be below replacement level. I said I think this season will be his career best season although I concede he may have another one in there at some point but he has largely been a 770-790 OPs guy in his career and that doesn’t figure to be a lot better as he gets older.    
    • I believe 99% Orioles pitching strategists encouraged Grayson and Burnes these last two nights to accept impact risk chasing outs in view of current injury and schedule circumstances. Burnes doesn't need to worry about all the free agent suitors squeezing him.    Big game success is an unchecked box, but there's 4 or 5 NYY proving grounds coming up. The more strong relievers Elias gets, the more they can turn the dial the other way in the championship-level competition.
    • I won’t blame anyone. I still put the chances between 5-10% he comes back. We are lucky to have Povich/Mcdermott as options next year. Who knows where Seth Johnson will be next year as well.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now