Mounty to 10 Day IL, Denoyer DFA’ed. Kolozsvary Contract Purchased

Orioles Jim

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not suffering from vertigo helps.

Oh look! Here's a thread where SG made the same joke and not only did you not call him out, you made another joke in response.

Clearly your issue is with me personally and not what I said. 

I think it was Tony that said Denoyer would be the next player off the island.   He said he had regressed.

Mounty may have had this coming on for a while and be the reason they promoted Lester.  Now they have OHearn and Lester at 1B.

Edited by wildcard

20 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Really wish someone in the media would push for better answers on the call up thing.A third catcher again is just stupid. 

I really don't get this organization. We lose a bat, and we replace it with... another third catcher.  

9 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Oh look! Here's a thread where SG made the same joke and not only did you not call him out, you made another joke in response.

You're right. This makes your comment so much better. 

11 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I took a shot at the owner.

I didn't make light of an illness or injury.

It's very likely that Kolosvary was already in the locker room on the taxi squad and they didn't have time to get another guy here before the game once they decided to IL Mounty. He's probably just here for the day and I'll go ahead and hope he's cut tomorrow for Westburg, Cowser, or Ortiz.

10 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

I really don't get this organization. We lose a bat, and we replace it with... another third catcher.  

I mean who else would they replace him with? Something drastic must have changed for Mounty to go from doing “better” to being placed on the IL in a matter of a few hours. Norfolk had a 6:35pm game at home, there was no way they would be able to get a player up that quickly to fill the 26 man spot.

Expect a quick stay by Kolozsvary who will likely be DFA’d and pass through waivers. DFA’ing Denoyer opened a 40 man spot for Kolozsvary to come up quickly who must have been on the taxi squad with the team. Likely will see another move tomorrow, which will hopefully be one of the young prospects. 

Just now, Waker94 said:

I mean who else would they replace him with? Something drastic must have changed for Mounty to go from doing “better” to being placed on the IL in a matter of a few hours. Norfolk had a 6:35pm game at home, there was no way they would be able to get a player up that quickly to fill the 26 man spot.

Expect a quick stay by Kolozsvary who will likely be DFA’d and pass through waivers. DFA’ing Denoyer opened a 40 man spot for Kolozsvary to come up quickly who must have been on the taxi squad with the team. Likely will see another move tomorrow, which will hopefully be one of the young prospects. 

I think the "better" was spin. 

15 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

It seems like they view the 26th roster spot as a place to rot and mainly use it for players they don't care about. 

5 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

It's very likely that Kolosvary was already in the locker room on the taxi squad and they didn't have time to get another guy here before the game once they decided to IL Mounty. He's probably just here for the day and I'll go ahead and hope he's cut tomorrow for Westburg, Cowser, or Ortiz.

This is my hope as well.

Although tbf I'm not really sure if Westburg came up where he'd play, O'hearn has clearly earned playing time at this point, Frazier is playing well, maybe put Mateo on the bench

24 minutes ago, seak05 said:

This is my hope as well.

Although tbf I'm not really sure if Westburg came up where he'd play, O'hearn has clearly earned playing time at this point, Frazier is playing well, maybe put Mateo on the bench

I severely doubt Westburg or Cowser gets here until the Orioles are committed to playing them at least most days. They have made it fairly clear they aren’t doing that, yet. 

• Upvote 1

I think it’s pretty obvious Cowser & Westburg will not be up until the date that was decided well before the season started.  I don’t think an injury, great play, or any other occurrence is going to expedite their call up.   Not that I agree with what they are doing, but not gonna hold my breath and get bent out of shape that they aren’t here yet.  

11 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I think it’s pretty obvious Cowser & Westburg will not be up until the date that was decided well before the season started.  I don’t think an injury, great play, or any other occurrence is going to expedite their call up.   Not that I agree with what they are doing, but not gonna hold my breath and get bent out of shape that they aren’t here yet.  

It would be significantly more difficult to stomach if they were struggling offensively, like they were a couple weeks ago.