Wednesday, June 28: Orioles vs Reds, series deciding game

SteveA

3 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Gunnar for whatever reason seems to have a ton of early strikes thrown to him.  Seems like he rarely is ahead of the count and mostly it’s because they throw him a lot of strikes. 

That's why he made the adjustment this month to start attacking pitches early in the count. I will say it's worked out for him so far.

1 minute ago, 86this said:

In other news, Mountcastle 2 for 4 with 2 RBIs, no Ks.  Norfolk up 8-2.

When did Mountcastle start to actually hit a baseball again?  Thought he was allergic to them.  

Hopefully he is getting fixed.   We need a right handed first base to hit lefties and let Ohearn hit the righties.   Gunnar might hate Mountcastle coming back because Ryan can not catch Gunnars occasionally wild throws.

3 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Gunnar for whatever reason seems to have a ton of early strikes thrown to him.  Seems like he rarely is ahead of the count and mostly it’s because they throw him a lot of strikes. 

That's why he made the adjustment this month to start attacking pitches early in the count. I will say it's worked out for him so far.

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

When did Mountcastle start to actually hit a baseball again?  Thought he was allergic to them.  

Hopefully he is getting fixed.   We need a right handed first base to hit lefties and let Ohearn hit the righties.   Gunnar might hate Mountcastle coming back because Ryan can not catch Gunnars occasionally wild throws.

I believe these are his first two hits during his rehab assignment.

• Upvote 1

I don't follow NL prospects as much, but looking at McLain for this series, demographically he is basically Cowser's twin.     Polished 2021 college bat, bonus about $4.75mm, strong minors track record.

Here's hoping our guy debuts anywhere close to this successfully, whenever the Hicks clock gets to midnight.

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

I don't follow NL prospects as much, but looking at McLain for this series, demographically he is basically Cowser's twin.     Polished 2021 college bat, bonus about $4.75mm, strong minors track record.

Here's hoping our guy debuts anywhere close to this successfully, whenever the Hicks clock gets to midnight.

He’s been more impressive than Ellie.