2023 Comp Pick (#100): Tavian Josenberger - OF - (Jr) Arkasnsas (AR)

Outside of Fabian, are any of these outside of R1 college OFers working out for the team?  Am I forgetting someone?

Beavers was looking good but progress has been halted this year although we don’t know if they are doing any tinkering with him.  Anyone else I’m forgetting?

Versatility.  Played 2B and KU.  Now plays CF.  Could be a super utility type.  Went ahead of his former double play partner at KU, Maui Ahuna who is ranked #48 overall on mlb and still not drafted.  

So you get a SH that can play all three OF postions, and 2B.  That's a pretty good role if he doesn't become an everyday player.  Switch hitting is valuable.  

Edited by sportsfan8703

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Outside of Fabian, are any of these outside of R1 college OFers working out for the team?  Am I forgetting someone?

Beavers was looking good but progress has been halted this year although we don’t know if they are doing any tinkering with him.  Anyone else I’m forgetting?

Aberdeen has halted many a prospect.  I suspect Beavers and Wagner will be just fine once they get to Bowie.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

This pick I don’t get. He’s a poor man’s Bradfield. The obsession with college OFers really needs to stop. Lol

Why not take the shot at a higher upside HS kid at this point? 

Maybe this is their underslot guy? I don't see a ton to get excited over so maybe this is to save some dollars later. Then again I thought that about Ardoin last year and they inexplicitly gave him full bonus.

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Versatility.  Played 2B and KU.  Now plays CF.  Could be a super utility type.  Went ahead of his former double play partner at KU, Maui Ahuna who is ranked #48 overall on mlb and still not drafted.  

So you get a SH that can play all three OF postions, and 2B.  That's a pretty good role if he doesn't become an everyday player.  Switch hitting is valuable.  

Ahuna ended up going one pick before the O's fourth round pick, at 117.