Sunday July 30: Final game vs Yankees on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball

SteveA

4 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

When they come up with technology for what a player is thinking, then sign me up. Will be more amusing than what comes out of their mouths.

But it's crazy having players take their minds off the games in those in-game interviews. It's not a time to be multi-tasking. The game is hard enough as it is. 

Believe me, put a microphone on an NFL cornerback and you'll be amused at what comes out of their mouth 😁

I do agree though that Gunnar having the mic in particular is pretty nervy. He's very much still learning how to field his position, and shortstop has so many responsibilities in any given inning.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alasdaire said:

Believe me, put a microphone on an NFL cornerback and you'll be amused at what comes out of their mouth 😁

I do agree though that Gunnar having the mic in particular is pretty nervy. He's very much still learning how to field his position, and shortstop has so many responsibilities in any given inning.

He agreed to do it though.  

Just now, eddie83 said:

He agreed to do it though.  

I don't think they have much of a choice. Someone from the PR department on the team tells you you're wearing a mic and that's that. I try to resist being a curmudgeon about it and am not really that bothered.

I just don't think it's interesting at all. You would get a better conversation with nothing lost from the dugout.