Kangaroo court

Big Al

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Oh my God. A thread dedicated to a fun topic delves into Pickles and CoC’s never ending attempts at semantics one upmanship, pettiness and school marm-ery. Adding CoC’s constant slurping of Elly De La Cruz and it’s like their Greatest Hits album. 

Anyway, I think Santander would have a blast leading the Kangaroo Court. 

Don't forget the part where someone else jumps in to support the person I'm disagreeing with and when I'm shown to be right are strangely silent.

Who would have thought there would have been a good reason I didn't accept somebody timing a run off of a highlight clip?

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Don't forget the part where someone else jumps in to support the person I'm disagreeing with and when I'm shown to be right are strangely silent.

Who would have thought there would have been a good reason I didn't accept somebody timing a run off of a highlight clip?

Waiting for @Picklesto come back and explain why timing a run off a highlight clip is perfectly acceptable because he said so. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Waiting for @Picklesto come back and explain why timing a run off a highlight clip is perfectly acceptable because he said so. 

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

When were you shown to be right? Two of us looked at the complete game footage. The highlight clip is exactly the same as the game footage and we came up with 11.2, very close to Pickles' estimate. Pickles acknowledged to 24fps that the highlight edit might be different, but it's not. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

What are you right about?

You didn't even make a positive thesis.  You literally couldn't be right.

You were just be disagreeable and annoying.  That's not a position.  That's a personality.

Are you really claiming to be "right" because I said Mateo made it to third in 11 seconds, and it was ACKCHYUALLY 11.2 seconds?

19 hours ago, Big Al said:

As I watched Mateo jog to first with bat still in hand on what could have been an inside the park home run, I thought back to the days of the Kangaroo court.  Frank Robinson was the perfect person to perform the duties of the judge (established veteran superstar with a hard nosed, no nonsense mentality).  If we were to reinstate "the court" who would be the best candidate to hold the gavel and administer punishment?  

I vote for Mountcastle. He seems the silliest, most fun-loving and one who loves a good laugh the most. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Pickles said:

If Jorge Mateo cured cancer there'd be a thread on here the next day blaming him for AIDS.

He hit a line drive right to the CF that should have been caught 90% of the time, since it was a line drive it got past the CF in  literally 2 seconds, Mateo was not going at full speed for literally 2 seconds.  He was going  at a crisp pace down the line though, certainly not standing in the box.  Some people seem offended he didn't immediately discard his bat.  Whatever.  Again, it's 2 seconds.  The ball came into SS just as he was rounding into third- even going 100% from contact would not have made enough of a difference to turn this into an inside the park home run.

His legs literally scored that first run.  A fairly important run if I recall.

If the standard is going to be 100% out of the box every time, all the time, we're going to have a damn busy Kangaroo Court, and I'm not sure we have someone worthy enough to sit on its bench.

I was at the game, sitting near 1B, and didn’t even notice that Mateo had gotten a slow start on that play.

This has gone off the rails.  The intention of the post was to get an idea of who might emerge as a clubhouse leader on this young team.  I merely used the Mateo example because it made me think of the kangaroo court of the Frank Robinson era.  

On 8/6/2023 at 4:48 PM, Big Al said:

As I watched Mateo jog to first with bat still in hand on what could have been an inside the park home run, I thought back to the days of the Kangaroo court.  Frank Robinson was the perfect person to perform the duties of the judge (established veteran superstar with a hard nosed, no nonsense mentality).  If we were to reinstate "the court" who would be the best candidate to hold the gavel and administer punishment?  

Can we bring in Jonny Gomes?

On 8/7/2023 at 7:46 PM, Big Al said:

This has gone off the rails.  The intention of the post was to get an idea of who might emerge as a clubhouse leader on this young team.  I merely used the Mateo example because it made me think of the kangaroo court of the Frank Robinson era.  

Its obviously Frazier. Hes the only guy who fits the description of the type veteran player you are describing. Hes undersized, slow and not really that powerful. Hes managed to carve out a successful career through sheer determination and practice. We have a lot of younger frat type guys on this team. Frazier doesnt roll like that. I'm fine with these guys acting like this as long as it doesnt get completely out of hand. Let them enjoy their youth. But it is nice to mix in a hard-nosed tough guy like Frazier too. Keeps the clubhouse focused. There is no question that Frazier is the leader of this team.