Wednesday, August 9: Orioles try to bounce back after tough loss to Astros

SteveA

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

This is unbelievable.  And yet totally believable all at the same time.

And this sucks for Baumann to have to come in for a bases loaded jam. 

Fuji was God awful.  Bailed out by a great catch by Hays and walks the bases loaded.  I've about seen enough.  He had a clean inning, I don't need to hear that excuse for him anymore.

What's unbelievable is after his career in Japan and his time with the A's you had folks here wanting to extend him based off a couple great appearances.

10 minutes ago, slakattack said:

I have this recurring image in my mind if a slightly older, bigger Gunnar wearing pinstripes in the Bronx. I can’t help it…

I can see him going to the Atlanta Braves closer to home.  Whatever happens he is one I will never root against.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I do think Stowers has a greater than 0 chance of being on our OD roster next year.  Mayo replaces Urias Stowers replaces Santa Holliday replaces Mateo Basallo replaces McCann(probably another C for a bit)
    • SG , in one of your posts, you mentioned a ‘ Silent J ‘ .  I’ve seen few other guys too . May I ask who is Silent J  refer to ?
    • See what happens when you don’t go the rental route…  haha
    • The FCL O's stand at 17-22.   They are 11th/15 in runs per game at 4.49, 10th in OPS at .692 (league average .713), 12th in ERA at 5.19, but in runs allowed per game at 4.77.   In case you are wondering how the team's RA/G is far lower than its ERA, it's because the FCL O's have only played about 7 innings per game on average, lowest in the league.  I'm not sure if they scheduled a whole bunch of 7 inning games, or have had a lot of games cut short by rain.  In any event, I'd take ERA as the better indicator relative to the league. The three offensive standouts have been: RF Elis Cuevas (19), .295/.424/.474, 4 HR, 13 RBI (1st year in the FCL after repeating the DSL with an .856 OPS the 2nd time).  Cuevas received a $150 k bonus in 2022. C/1B Miguel Rodriguez (18), .340/.411/.474, 3 HR, 15 RBI (had an .874 OPS in the DSL last year) 2B/SS/3B Edwin Amparo (19), .237/.387/.381, 3 HR, 14 RBI (repeating the FCL after a .668 OPS last year).  Amparo received a $650 k bonus in 2022. All three have had 110+ plate appearances.   The only others over 80 PA are Fernando Peguero (.595 OPS)($50 k bonus in 2022) and 2023 $2.3 mm bonus baby Luis Almeyda (.529).   Highly ranked Joshua Liranzo (17) missed the first several weeks and only has 40 PA, but has performed well in that limited span, .294/.400/.353.  Liranzo got a $500 k bonus in 2023. There's not much to write about on the pitching side: Jesus Palacios (19) has a 3.26 ERA, 1.03 WHIP, 13.0 K/9 and 2.33 K/BB in 19.1 IP.  Palacios repeated the DSL last year and had a 1.95 ERA there in his second go.  Palacios received a $90 k bonus in 2022. Andres Parra (19) has a 3.72 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 8.4 K/9, 2.57 K/BB in 19.1 I.  Parra was promoted to the FCL partway through last season and saw limited action there (3.12 ERA in 8.2 IP) after posting a 0.00 ERA in his second DSL season in 14 IP.   Parra got a $10 k bonus in 2022. The other hot pitching prospect going into the season, 18-year old Francisco Morao, is struggling with a team-worst 8.50 ERA in 18 IP, after posting a 3.89 ERA in the DSL last year, with an 8.00 BB/9 rate being his big problem.  Morao got a $200 k signing bonus in 2023.
    • Exactly, but I hope you meant Westburg at 3B and Mayo at 1B ? Trade Mounty and Urias to facilitate these moves and break the logjam 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now