This Season's Last Three Regular Season Games

Bahama O's Fan

26 minutes ago, Malike said:

I want to see people not lament over every pitch and every at-bat and just enjoy the last three games. They are not indicative of what happens in our series a week later.

This...

20 minutes ago, yark14 said:

I want to see Kjerstad break baseballs in half and Westburg to get consistent at-bats.  Other than that let the big dogs rest.

and this.

I think the catchers might alternate games. Or maybe McCann catches 3 and Adley catches 1. Hopefully they let Adley have a real full day off instead of DHing. 

I'd like to see Gunnar get some rest too with how many belly flops and mitts to the face he's been experiencing from his aggressive play style.

But it's easy + unnecessary to get my mind going in all different directions and start thinking about what players resting might benefit the playoff team the most. I should stop and remember Malike's post: It's a reminder not to worry about it and to just sit back and wait to see how the Orioles play it, and just enjoy it as a fan and a spectator.

My thoughts would be the following.

Let Adley catch 1 game and full rest other 2.

Let Gunnar DH all 3 games. Play Mateo, Westburg, Urias, Mountcastle all 3 games

Use Frazier and Ohearn in the OF to give Hays, Mullins, Santander days off. Preferably Santander and Hays 2 days off.

Let Bradish throw 40-50 pitches Sunday and then bring someone else up for long relief. 

37 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

This...

and this.

I think the catchers might alternate games. Or maybe McCann catches 3 and Adley catches 1. Hopefully they let Adley have a real full day off instead of DHing. 

I'd like to see Gunnar get some rest too with how many belly flops and mitts to the face he's been experiencing from his aggressive play style.

But it's easy + unnecessary to get my mind going in all different directions and start thinking about what players resting might benefit the playoff team the most. I should stop and remember Malike's post: It's a reminder not to worry about it and to just sit back and wait to see how the Orioles play it, and just enjoy it as a fan and a spectator.

I have a sneaking suspicion that McCann is going to start a lot in the playoffs and Adley will be DH'ing. He calls a great game and his defense is excellent.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that McCann is going to start a lot in the playoffs and Adley will be DH'ing. He calls a great game and his defense is excellent.

That, he does... This is true. He is like our version of Maldonado from the Astros. Pitchers love and trust him because he calls an excellent game. But McCann is a better hitter for the most part... at least at times.

51 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

This...

and this.

I want to see Coby Mayo come up for the weekend...ok..I know its not happening...actually he had a 4-4 night with a double and HR in the playoffs tonight...boy, I cant WAIT for him to play in Baltimore ..

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I want to see Coby Mayo come up for the weekend...ok..I know its not happening...actually he had a 4-4 night with a double and HR in the playoffs tonight...boy, I cant WAIT for him to play in Baltimore ..

I watched the game, he's got a game-changing bat. They better keep that kid.

I have tickets to a play on Saturday night, so I’m glad I won’t need to stand up my wife and our friends, or be at the play wishing I could be checking my phone for the score.  

I don’t think we need to overdo the rest thing, given that the team won’t play at all between Sunday’s game and next Saturday’s playoff game.  I’d have Adley catch Means just to keep building that relationship.  I’d get Mountcastle plenty of action so long as his shoulder isn’t bothering him. I’d definitely get some looks at Kjerstad in the outfield.  I think every position player and reliever should get into a game sometime this weekend, but nobody needs to start all three games.  And yes, if the team is giving a thought to using Bautista in the postseason, he should get into a game this weekend and show what he’s got.  DFAing Lopez would be the logical move if Felix is activated, so maybe save that for Sunday and get Lopez some action before then.  (I’m also fine if the O’s just scrap any plan to activate Felix in the postseason, and leave Lopez on the roster for now.)

• Upvote 2

Well obvious time off for guys like Hays, Henderson, Adley, Mullins, Santander... Hicks shouldn't see the field imo too fragile maybe DH once. Kjerstad, Westburg, Urias, Mateo should get all 3 games. Flaherty will be interesting, i think if he's part of the playoff bullpen plans then you keep him coming out of the pen. If Irvin time reset is up i say he starts a game or bulk relief, Gibson and Means get starts, don't think we should have Gibson going over 2 weeks without pitching.  Frazier can play the outfield to rest the OFers. Lopez can go down..none of us can really say what the plans are for the bullpen because we don't know what is going on with Bautista, imo i think he's going to play but not be the closer. 

9 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

This got me thinking, and I think the past couple days has offered me some perspective. I think we've seen that Gunnar has earned the right to be considered as our starting Shortstop moving forward (perhaps Jackson will play 2B), which will open up the 3B position to be available in the future. I can think of no better prospect to have that opportunity and earn the right to play 3rd Base, (which is such a historic and honorable position to play for the Baltimore Orioles), than your favorite prospect Coby Mayo. I think that would link some harmony between franchise history and franchise future.

I also look forward to being able to see Mayo and Kjerstad in the lineup together stacked as home run power threats.

2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

The game after a clinch is notorious, but as it is unrolling, tomorrow is significant as the next step of Means' return and assessment what kind of tournament load he gets.

It might make sense to just push Means to Saturday or Sunday now, and let tomorrow night be random bullpen time.

Tomorrow is Palmer's night, I think Means should pitch on regular rest.

Homefield advantage against the Dodgers is still in play. I know, it's thinking way ahead, but it's a thing. Plus, the team should want to push this win total. The more wins, the better it's going to look in the books. Finally, there's going to be almost a week of rest. There's no need to rest anybody.