This Season's Last Three Regular Season Games

Bahama O's Fan

11 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

Homefield advantage against the Dodgers is still in play. I know, it's thinking way ahead, but it's a thing. Plus, the team should want to push this win total. The more wins, the better it's going to look in the books. Finally, there's going to be almost a week of rest. There's no need to rest anybody.

This^

If we eventually play the Dodgers in the World Series, home field advantage would be nice. We can do it. 

1 hour ago, HelenaEngineer said:

You can have him for 2024 if you offer arbitration. I would think it depends on what the Orioles believe his potential to recapture his 2022 form is. If you think he has a decent shot to be a major bullpen piece next year, then why would you DFA him? If you don't think he is worth offering arbitration, then you could do what you want. Unless it opens up a spot for someone who you think might contribute in the post-season, it would seem to be a classless move, even if there is no real downside from a personnel perspective. I don't know what the team believes about his value and potential for 2024.

Who would be a consideration to bring up? Irvin? 

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Actually, last night in the middle of the game, my adult daughter and son-in-law came by to drop off their dog before going to New York.  I was watching the game, of course, but my wife and I wanted to visit with them a bit, so we sat in our TV room chatting with the volume down low on the TV set.  I thought they’d only stay 15 minutes or so, but it became clear they were settling in for a long visit.   So, while I had one eye on the game, I wasn’t fully experiencing the growing excitement of the crowd and the announcers.  So, I left the game on, but set my DVR to record the rest of it and the post-game celebration.  They were still at our house when the game ended, and I let out a little “YES!!!” but that was it.   They left soon after, and by then I was overdue to take my dog out for her nightly walk.  So, I saw just a bit of the on-field celebration live, but said goodbye to them, walked the dog, and then watched the 9th inning and all the celebrations until sbout 10:45.  Not exactly how I wanted to celebrate the clincher, but at least there was a clincher to celebrate.  And I won’t be deleting that from my DVR anytime soon.  

One of the reason I have the DVR set to record all the games.  And I try to take my dog for his last long walk before the game starts.  

52 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I want to see HK in the field to see what that looks like.  I want him to get starts each of the next three days.

I'm mainly just hoping that everyone makes it through healthy. 

I want a Jackson Holliday cameo. He doesn't turn 20 until December 4th, and Dylan Bundy is the only Oriole in my lifetime to play for the O's as an actual calendar-year teenager. Manny, Gene Kingsale and Matt Riley played during their age-19 seasons, but after they'd turned 20.

I know, he's not on the 40-man, they're never going to do it.

• Upvote 1