The O’s - Rangers ALDS

Frobby

Just now, Malike said:

Bochy seemed really hesitant to bring his bullpen in during the Tampa series. I doubt they start going to the pen in the 4th inning if they have a lead.

Well it depends. Dunning wasn’t used, so they may be quicker to pull him. He has been very up and down in the second half.

I doubt Dunning gets to face Gunnar more than twice unless they have a good lead and he’s pitching very well.

Eovaldi might. But Gunnar is unlikely to face a righty out of the pen imo.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Heaney was moved to the pen although he did just go 4 IP recently, so they could have him start.

6th in OAA and 6th in DRS. Great offense. Starting pitching is top 10 in ERA.

Jon Gray factors in as well.

Os hitters have struggled vs their starters.

Jon Gray can’t come off the IL until the 13th.  

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

The three batter rule is still in effect in the playoff, so putting Mountcastle directly after Gunnar in the lineup will mitigate this somewhat.

You have to wonder how they build the lineup, if different at all. Gunnar's definitely leading off against righties though.

2 hours ago, dystopia said:

Can’t wait. I remember how electric OPACY was in 2014 against the Tigers, and that was just watching on TV. Can’t even imagine what it was like actually being there. There’s nothing like playoff baseball at Oriole Park, it’s just a shame there have been so few instances of it. 

I was at game 1 in 2012. My first playoff game.  Back then, we could get SRO for $30ish bucks.  It was an absolutely electric atmosphere, despite the loss.  Baltimore sports fans show up BIG TIME for the playoffs, and it's like a college football atmosphere.  

40 minutes ago, Malike said:

I just hope they don't try to reinvent the wheel like Schneider did using every pitcher despite the starter performing well.

Schneider is a poor game manager IMO.  And I’ve said this numerous times before yesterday. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Malike said:

I just hope they don't try to reinvent the wheel like Schneider did using every pitcher despite the starter performing well.

From what little I've seen, Schneider is one of those managers that is actually a negative factor for his team (although it was the Jays' offense that really blew the game, leaving so many runners on base or getting picked off in the first few innings).

4 hours ago, Malike said:

image.thumb.png.a5830b632e73b335e8d2c4d347d04830.png

I read this too.  I was thinking as it was becoming obvious that we were gonna see the Rangers that, as much as this is the team that I didn't want to see, we can beat them.  I think we beat them with pitching, but we need a consistent strike zone from the umps.  I hate saying that as I hate the blame game that some play with saying the umps cost us or whatever.  My point is, if the zone is consistently a ball width or touching the tv/computer line thru-out, we win.  If it is a strict zone and both teams have to throw it in the box, we might be in trouble.