How Much Has the Pitch Clock Changed the Game?

Idaho_OriolesFan

I'm not offering any personal opinion on benefit or detriment, just curious re: the effect on the game.

In football several years ago, the constant "hurry-up" offense became a thing and the teams had to start training their players differently and obviously changed a lot about the game. In the same manner, how is the pitch clock affecting pitchers? Their "readiness"? Are ERA's staying consistent? It seems to me that we're seeing massive scores this year, but then again, I hadn't followed for years - are there notable trends?  Thanks for your thougths

3 minutes ago, SouthernBird said:

I still hate it. I like baseball the way it was played. If a guy wants to scratch his nuts between pitches, well that is Baseball. Batter wants to back out a few times, well that is Baseball. 

But it wasn't the way it was played for the first hundred years.

Try that crap in the 1900's and you are going to have a bad time.

3 minutes ago, SouthernBird said:

I still hate it. I like baseball the way it was played. If a guy wants to scratch his nuts between pitches, well that is Baseball. Batter wants to back out a few times, well that is Baseball. 

Well a lot of people stopped watching because it became excessive.