ALDS Game 3: Keeping hope alive

SteveA

6 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

we just never had a chance in this series...our lineup just doesn't match up....next year we might be better with good health...

I made a post about this exact thing in July and got completely ridiculed for it by the cheerleaders here.

If you really look at our line up.  As in REALLY look at it?

We do not have the star players to compete....yet.

Anytime we played a Dodgers or an Astros or even a Rangers?  We were and are over matched.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, brooks1083 said:

Less disappointed by the early exit than I am how embarrassing this whole series has been. We haven’t looked like we had any business being in the postseason. Crazy after winning 101 games.

TB won 99 and they didn't fare any better.

6 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Some things have become clear: the O's were built nicely for the regular season, but they are awfully inadequate for the postseason.

1. No SP beyond Bradish.
2. Bullpen is for lolz.
3. No big lumber in the lineup you can count on to get you out of a hole quickly. (The O's best hitter bats leadoff.)
4. An inexperienced manager.

Need to trade some of these prospects to get a TOR pitcher, but the issue there is will our cheap owner take on a big contract. I'm also not opposed to a middle of the order bat at 1B/DH or corner outfield if the right player becomes available.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

This team had a lot of luck during the regular season with all the 1 run wins. The luck ran out. I expect a lot of regression next year unless we spend a little for some pitching/BP and power. Either way, we aren’t going to be as good as this season record wise.