ALDS Game 3: Keeping hope alive

SteveA

Just now, TimD said:

Grayson will be fine next year with more experience, Braddish is good, and if Means is healthy that gives us 3 good starters.  I think either Kremer or Wells will make a good bottom of the roatation starter.  If the O's could bring in one stud TOR guy, I think that they will be in pretty good shape next year

If Kremer or Wells are still in the rotation, Elias isn't doing his job IMO

Just now, slakattack said:

Yep, growing pains...this team was never even supposed to be in this series this year.

Adley is the only young player most likely near his peak. The future is bright, but you never know in baseball things can go wrong and there's always John Angelos lurking in the background to potentially screw up a good thing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Again, said this during the summer. This team is a lot like the Os teams from 2012 to 2016....minus the stars.  A bunch of role players who had career years.

Only real star on this team is GH.  Adley is ok.  Is he better than Weiters?  No.

Is anyone else on this team better than  anyone from those teams back then?  No.

In fact I think we had better players back then.

The key will be if our young players develop.  And being honest....other than GR?  They are not.

SP is better, hands down.

2 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Again, said this during the summer. This team is a lot like the Os teams from 2012 to 2016....minus the stars.  A bunch of role players who had career years.

Only real star on this team is GH.  Adley is ok.  Is he better than Weiters?  No.

Is anyone else on this team better than  anyone from those teams back then?  No.

In fact I think we had better players back then.

The key will be if our young players develop.  And being honest....other than GR?  They are not.

Come on man.  Really?

1 minute ago, TimD said:

Grayson will be fine next year with more experience, Braddish is good, and if Means is healthy that gives us 3 good starters.  I think either Kremer or Wells will make a good bottom of the roatation starter.  If the O's could bring in one stud TOR guy, I think that they will be in pretty good shape next year

I was making a sarcastic point. Everyone is ticked off. Im not saying we shouldn’t try to improve the rotation but Kremer hasn’t been bad this year. Just one of those nights. 

I wanted an Eovaldi or Bassitt before year. Whole industry is a mess in terms of pitching. 

2 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Big....as in a giant cavern...difference between the top teams during the regular season and the playoffs.

I don’t know what your deal is. It sounds like you didn’t enjoy the regular season and were just waiting for the other shoe to drop all year. If that’s the case I sincerely feel sorry for you.