Bowden’s bold prediction

Frobby

Listed in Jim Bowden’s 24 predictions today:

“11. The Orioles shock the baseball world and sign both Adley Rutschman and Gunnar Henderson to long-term deals that break franchise records. In response, O’s fans break the single-season record for season ticket sales during the Angelos family’s ownership tenure.”

https://theathletic.com/5039131/2023/11/07/mlb-offseason-predictions-2023-signings-trades/

Works for me!

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

“11. The Orioles shock the baseball world and sign both Adley Rutschman and Gunnar Henderson to long-term deals that break franchise records. In response, O’s fans break the single-season record for season ticket sales during the Angelos family’s ownership tenure.”

https://theathletic.com/5039131/2023/11/07/mlb-offseason-predictions-2023-signings-trades/

Works for me!

Sounds like a dream.

Gunnar I'd love to see.  Adley...I'm just not sure I want to sign a catcher long term.  I mean, if we could just buy out his late 20's and maybe VERY early 30s at a good price, I'd really consider it.  But don't think we want to have him under an expensive contract for much beyond year 32 or so.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Works for me!

O's high for attendance under the Angelos family was over 3.7M.

They are not going to get season ticket sales to that level again.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You aren’t saying they sold 3.7M worth of season tickets are you? 

About as close as is possible.  It was very hard to buy a walk-up ticket in those days.  But you would know better than I would what the story was.  

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

You aren’t saying they sold 3.7M worth of season tickets are you? 

As someone who loved to talk about how they worked in that very office and was very happy to explain to the rest of us how the majority of total tickets sold are season tickets I would expect you to know what I was talking about.

That was you back before you got kicked off last time right?

45 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

As someone who loved to talk about how they worked in that very office and was very happy to explain to the rest of us how the majority of total tickets sold are season tickets I would expect you to know what I was talking about.

That was you back before you got kicked off last time right?

Most of the time, people don’t know what you are talking about. Usually have to try to take things slower with you, just to make sure.