If not Cease..then who?

Sports Guy

32 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t know how much a person would have to drink to have a hangover that lasted more than a day.  I’ve never heard of that.  As to you, congratulations to you for not drinking, drinking only in moderation, or having a very high tolerance for alcohol, whichever it is.

The older you get, the less alcohol it takes to make you feel subpar the next day.  It really changes the cost/benefit ratio considerably.  

Oh and I know several people that will be hurting for multiple days after a day of drinking. Never understood how that was possible myself.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Oh and I know several people that will be hurting for multiple days after a day of drinking. Never understood how that was possible myself.

They must drink more than I am/was capable of.   I had a friend in law school who had a tradition on his birthday of drinking as many beers as his age.   He drank 24 on his 24th birthday, but basically passed out after 23 on his 25th.   I guess the tradition stopped after that.  I never came anywhere close to that number, nor would I want to.   

Edited by Frobby

I'll be happy with any starter who has the potential to be a 1/2 on a WS team. Cease, Burnes, Glasnow are the obvious trade candidates, but I'd be pleased with Woo or Miller as well based on youth/potential.

On the FA front, I'm not expecting us to pay what it takes to get a Snell, Yamamoto, EdRod, Imanaga, but obviously would be thrilled with any of those, and stranger things have happened.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

They must drink more than I am/was capable of.   I had a friend in law school who had a tradition on his birthday of drinking as many beers as his age.   He drank 24 on his 24th birthday, but basically passed out after 23 on his 25th.   I guessed the tradition stopped after that.  I never came anywhere close to that number, nor would I want to.   

Chances are that was bad beer too.  I couldn’t do that just because of taste, at least not anymore.  I’ve had my moments of drinking 15-25 beers in a day but my beer tastes (and now more bourbon) have changed a lot.

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

They must drink more than I am/was capable of.   I had a friend in law school who had a tradition on his birthday of drinking as many beers as his age.   He drank 24 on his 24th birthday, but basically passed out after 23 on his 25th.   I guess the tradition stopped after that.  I never came anywhere close to that number, nor would I want to.   

The trick is to start by 10 AM and go until midnight. You'd be surprised how many drinks you can consume in 14 hours.

It's a metaphor for the Orioles' player acquisition strategy. Buy a lot, cheap, and feel sick after the season.

• Haha 1

I rarely drink ….when I do it’s usually 1 or 2. A few years ago I did a best ball tournament with 3 buddies. We did Coors light pounders per hole. You had to open before tee off and finish after your putt before reaching the next tee box. I made it through 15 holes longest of the group. Being 250 pounds has its advantages. I wasn’t hungover but didn’t do much the next day. Probably wouldn’t agree to do it again.

A friend and I finished a 5th of Tequila at age 17 in the mid 80s. I was pretty sick before the end of the night, was hungover, and felt like crap for 3 days. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

If the Os don’t get Cease or you are one who doesn’t want Cease to begin with, what difference making, top 3 starter do you want that we can realistically acquire?

I know that there have been parameters placed on what is realistic and what is not and that’s cool. But to answer your question, I really don’t care who. I just want somebody who’s actually good. Not some mediocre signing that you have to squint real hard with the lights off in order to talk yourself into saying, “well I guess it’s not that bad is it?”

Please no more mediocre/middle of the road acquisitions.

For once, Scrooge McDuck, I mean Mr. Cheapskate, I mean King of all frugality, I mean Jon Awful Angelos, please this one time can we get a good, difference maker? I don’t want to play this game this Christmas, Mr. Grinch.

• Upvote 1