UMD-UNC Thread...

Lucky Jim

Its the yellow unis!!!

I dislike the Yellow Uni's but seriously, what is our record in those things, we always play well in those, they just look bad IMO. I would wear them every game though if they always play like that.

I had a good feeling that whole game, except for a few minutes when we got way down, but I thought early and late we were going to win.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's only the third Maryland player to record a Triple-Double. Gotta put his performance up there pretty high in the history of Terps' individual performances.

I'm still stunned.

Second, actually. But third triple-double. Derrick Lewis had two in 1997 - against JMU and UMBC.

I dislike the Yellow Uni's but seriously, what is our record in those things, we always play well in those, they just look bad IMO. I would wear them every game though if they always play like that.

I had a good feeling that whole game, except for a few minutes when we got way down, but I thought early and late we were going to win.

I've always loved the yellow. I had a life-size Len Bias poster as a kid with him in yellow.

Second, actually. But third triple-double. Derrick Lewis had two in 1997 - against JMU and UMBC.

I learned something today. ;)

Also, considering the caliber of opponent, that just moved his performance even higher for me.

ESPN just put up a stat showing that Vazquez scored the most points in a triple double against a ranked opponent since 1996-97. So for whatever that's worth. ;)

Also, considering the caliber of opponent, that just moved his performance even higher for me.

ESPN just put up a stat showing that Vazquez scored the most points in a triple double against a ranked opponent in a 3:30 game on ABC since 1996-97. So for whatever that's worth. ;)

There you go. Fixed that for you.

ESPN just put up a stat showing that Vazquez scored the most points in a triple double against a ranked opponent since 1996-97. So for whatever that's worth. ;)

Almost. Actually, I meant 1987!

What a game. I can't believe my folks missed it - they were out. What will we talk about tomorrow on the phone?

I still can't believe what I just saw.

Why not?

MD always plays UNC very tough. They can be very tough at home as well.

They played UNC great this year but UNC was unreal from 3 that game...Its not so hard to believe that they won this game.

They are a very up and down and inconsistent team but they can beat anyone on any given day, especially at home.

He's only the third Maryland player to record a Triple-Double. Gotta put his performance up there pretty high in the history of Terps' individual performances.

I'm still stunned.

Len Bias vs. NC

Joe Smith vs. Duke

Juan Dixon vs. Conn. in the NCAA's (against a great Caron Butler game)

and

Grevis Vasquez today.

I do not remember dates and I am sure there were many others but that was as good as it gets.

What a frickin' amazing game.

I turned it on coming out of the half, watched them get behind by 16, and then watched the whole comeback, and I still can't believe what I watched.

Vasquez earned his strutting today, the crowd was fantastic, the refs were their usual consistently-inconsistent selves, and Carolina deserves all the credit in the world for playing as well as they did.

But Maryland just outplayed them.

If (if, if, if, if, did I mention if) we win the games we are supposed to from now on, we probably just saved our season.

Finally, if anyone who thinks Gary Williams is too emotional during games can look at today, seeing the Terps go runs and then cutting to Gary jumping and screaming and pumping his fist and chest-bumping Vasquez and working the crowd into a complete frenzy and still think the same thing, you are completely, absolutely HOPELESS :laughlol:

Man, I'm STILL on a high! :2yay-thumb::boogie::smile11::clap:

I see Travel Hansbrough was held to only 11 points...Pretty impressive for MD to do that since they aren't strong up front.

The fact MD won this game getting 10 points combined from Milbourne, Mosley and Bowie is pretty impressive.

What a game by Vazquez....as good a single game performance as any Terp has ever had, especially when you consider opponent, need for victory, etc...

I see Travel Hansbrough was held to only 11 points...Pretty impressive for MD to do that since they aren't strong up front.

The fact MD won this game getting 10 points combined from Milbourne, Mosley and Bowie is pretty impressive.

What a game by Vazquez....as good a single game performance as any Terp has ever had, especially when you consider opponent, need for victory, etc...

Hansborough seems to never do anything against us, and he should dominate. I always love when he gets the ball inside, I am relieved, because we usually block or he misses it and even if he makes it, we can make up the 2. It is the threes that kill me, I just get a bad feeling after every 3. Hansborough has never impressed me, I don't know why he doesn't kill us. I have watched him against other teams and I am impressed, but he is very overrated IMO, I don't know why he gets so much stats though. He has the stats to back it up. I think he gets away with a lot, even though he gets knocked around a lot. I always thought he was a crybaby and couldn't take a lot of physical contact over and over, and I still think that today. I would gladly play him every day, Zoubek (sp?) for Duke scares me Wednesday more then Tyler did today, and Tyler is levels above Zoubek. He has never proved it to me.

Archived