What sort of stats do you feel we'd see from Holliday if he makes the team?

Greg Pappas

This thread isn't intended to be a debate on whether Holliday will or should make the team, but a hypothetical, where he does.  What sort of stats would you suspect we'd see from the rookie with, say, 600 PA?  A range would be reasonable certainly.

Edited by Greg Pappas

• Greg Pappas changed the title to What sort of stats do you feel we'd see from Holliday if he makes the team?

Good swing decisions, aggressive in the zone, and looks compitent at 2B/in the box.  If those look OK, I don't think they care about stats. 

If I must put numbers it could be as low as 220/300/300 and he still could be on the OD.

The more interesting player to watch is Mayo.  Elias hasn't made public comments about him (by design?  to motivate?).  Without that, I think the bar is higher for him.

4 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I'm thinking .270/.350/.425.   A nice .775 OPS for his rookie season.    I think his eye will play and he'll struggle early, but have a nice 2nd half of the season.   

You think his ML ISO will equal his MiL ISO from last year?

Possible, but very unlikely imo.

How much does he struggle early? Will lefties give him issues?

I’ll say he hits around 275..350-360 OBP…410ish slugging…I’ll also predict that he has an adjustment period early (which will help keep his overall numbers down) and people will freak out about it and say how big of a mistake it was to not get him more AAA at bats.

• Upvote 1

I don’t have an opinion, but will post some “system” projections here:

Steamer: .256/.350/.384

ZiPS: .255/.341/.381

I’d be pretty happy with those from a 20-year old rookie.  The O’s hit .253/.305/.397 at 2B last year, so that would be an upgrade.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greg Pappas said:

This thread isn't intended to be a debate on whether Holliday will or should make the team, but a hypothetical, where he does.  What sort of stats would you suspect we'd see from the rookie with, say, 600 PA?  A range would be reasonable certainly.

I'm hoping for a Bo Bichette-like 2022 season with a slightly higher OBP and slightly less SBs. 

59 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’ll say he hits around 275..350-360 OBP…410ish slugging…I’ll also predict that he has an adjustment period early (which will help keep his overall numbers down) and people will freak out about it and say how big of a mistake it was to not get him more AAA at bats.

You mean like they did with Gunnar last season? 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Looks like he is getting a head start on the adjustment period. So, at least we are getting that out of the way.