Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

54 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hays is injured?

What happened?

Left Saturday night with a slightly sore calf is all we know.   Wasn't in the lineup today, but we were facing a RHP so that doesn't mean much.   

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Left Saturday night with a slightly sore calf is all we know.   Wasn't in the lineup today, but we were facing a RHP so that doesn't mean much.   

I remember that now, hadn't heard anything about it being IL worthy.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I remember that now, hadn't heard anything about it being IL worthy.

Only thing that I've heard about it was it was his calf muscle cramping up/got tight and they pulled out of a precaution. Hyde didn't make it sound very serious.

I doubt he goes on IL if what Hyde was saying is accurate.

2 hours ago, Jagwar said:

He smacked a line drive right at Frazier today for a line drive out. Just made a sick play at 2B.

The O's are 13-7, they can be a bit more patient with him 

Agreed.  We're carrying him pretty well so far.  Which is what you want while he's figuring things out.  If he's still struggling and we have a 10 game section under .500 then it becomes a bigger concern.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, btdart20 said:

Agreed.  We're carrying him pretty well so far.  Which is what you want while he's figuring things out.  If he's still struggling and we have a 10 game section under .500 then it becomes a bigger concern.

If he’s struggling and we play 10 games under .500 then our issues are way bigger than him. 

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

If he’s struggling and we play 10 games under .500 then our issues are way bigger than him. 

If we go 4-6 over a 10 game span then we can't give away outs.

37 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

If he gets sent down it’s whatever. Fine. But I’m confident they can work on whatever issues he’s experiencing in Baltimore just as well. 

This is a no brainer....send him down and ensure the extra year. 

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

All I gotta say is can you imagine getting production from the #9 spot?  I used to be disappointed if the bottom of the lineup was coming up.  Now I look forward to it.  

Yup.  If the rest of the lineup continues chugging, getting anything from #9 will be nuts.

46 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Cause that’s easier. 

I’d rather have him in Baltimore with guys like Adley, Gunnar, Cowser and G-Rod who struggled initially and have him be around those guys so they can impart wisdom on him rather than doing whatever back at Norfolk.  I’d rather have him with the ML hitting coaches trying to solve the ML problems instead of raking at AAA. 

If he gets sent down it’s whatever. Fine. But I’m confident they can work on whatever issues he’s experiencing in Baltimore just as well. 

Just curious: Would you not have sent Stowers and then Cowser down last year?

9 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Just curious: Would you not have sent Stowers and then Cowser down last year?

Stowers and Cowser were different.  Each weren’t getting consistent at bats in Baltimore.  Neither really seized the opportunity in the limited times they were offered, either.  With Hays, Tony, and Cedric it was hard for them to get consistent playing time. And then there was the love affair with Hicks and McKenna. 

Holliday is getting consistent at bats here. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Mateo go through a 1-28 stretch a time or two, don’t care to see it again. 

Like I said, I don’t see the need to move Westy off third, leave that guy alone. The left side of the infield is set. 

That leaves Mateo and Urias to play second base if Holliday is sent down, and while I like those guys I don’t feel the need to see them at 2nd. I guess maybe Norby comes up, but reports are his defense at second isn’t great. 

Anyway, whatever. That’s the difference, Holliday can afford consistent playing time now.  Stowers and Cowser couldn’t last year.