2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

4 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Thoughts:

-Adley needed the day off
-We cannot escape the Hays in LF at home thing. He is 2-2 off Peralta FWIW.
-At least Cowser is still playing, and batting 2nd is kind of neat.
-Mullins 5th is a bit weird, but sure. 
-I like Holliday before McCann, bc McCann is going to be an auto-out against Peralta. 
-Little break for Mounty. 

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

BTW, I don’t care that Hays is 2-2 against Peralta.  Let him start against LHP and earn more AB.

Mountcastle is 0-2 and is better vs lefties. I have no problem sitting MC for a game to give Hays an opportunity. We should not be immediately writing Hays off after 2 weeks.

4 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Pretty crazy that we can put hitters as good as Adley and Mountcastle on the bench and still post this strong of a lineup. 

Until Holliday breaks out the bottom of that lineup isn’t scaring anyone.   I hope we can keep  the GDP under 3 tonight.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

BTW, I don’t care that Hays is 2-2 against Peralta.  Let him start against LHP and earn more AB.

I think in today's case, sitting Hays just means Mounty in there instead since it seems like a planned day off for Adley. And I think Mounty is going to PH for O'Hearn at some point anyway. 

Overall, I agree. But I do think it's important that Hays gets rolling a little. 

Edited by interloper

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Mountcastle is 0-2 and is better vs lefties. I have no problem sitting MC for a game to give Hays an opportunity. We should not be immediately writing Hays off after 2 weeks.

Hays can show that he is worthy against LHP.   That’s not burying him.   We shouldn’t hurt the team in order to get one guy going who shows no positive signs.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Hays can show that he is worthy against LHP.   That’s not burying him.   We shouldn’t hurt the team in order to get one guy going who shows no positive signs.

I don't see how it hurts us. Mountcastle is only a tiny bit better vs RHP for their careers, and Hays improves the OF defense. It's not like Mountcastle is a beast who has to play every day. As long as Cowser is in there the majority of the time I'm a happy camper.