2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Westburg batting #4 isn't your typical clean up hitter, but he does 2 things well enough that it's probably going to be consistently effective. 1. He has a high average with runners in scoring position. 2. If the 1st 3 batter fail, he'll be good at leading of the 2nd inning. Bonus: He's got some pop in his bat so once in a while he can do what traditional cleanup hitters do.

I love how versatile and consistent Jordan Westburg is.

36 minutes ago, Natty said:

Stowers better get 2 hits or he might get sent down. 

Honestly it's been kind of a useless roster spot, so I don't know that they really care about performance. No matter who it is in this roster spot, they won't play a lot so they're not looking for them to make a big offensive impact. 

3 hours ago, Natty said:

Stowers better get 2 hits or he might get sent down. 

I doubt it, he'll probably just get buried on the bench.  Kjerstad just got sent down, McKenna got DFA'ed.  Norby isn't really much of an OF.  Stowers is likely to be sent down if Elias sees McKenna's replacement.

2 hours ago, interloper said:

Honestly it's been kind of a useless roster spot, so I don't know that they really care about performance. No matter who it is in this roster spot, they won't play a lot so they're not looking for them to make a big offensive impact. 

That roster spot should be allowed to be used on a relief pitcher. I think that would yeild better results and more playing time for the player.

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Not sure Urias and McCann, close to 2 automatic outs in front of Henderson is a good idea.  I would at least swap Hays and McCann, so there's a speedy runner, if the #9 hitter gets on base. 

If Gunnar gets a hit there’s a 33% chance they can trot.

Uncle Mike, Sig, and Brandon learned NOTHING from the last few days. Let's just keep running the same ol tired lineup out there filled with automatic outs. Can't even change it up a bit like moving AS DOWN and putting Gunnar 3rd, Westy first or something. So sick of this...