Norfolk 2024

Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Mods can merge the thread I just started with this one, lol. How many MLB teams have lineups better than our Norfolk team?

I’m sorry. I was looking for a Norfolk thread and missed it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Oh agee Kjerstad’s promotion/playing time is not important enough in terms of it’s possible impact on revenue. But there are other player decisions that are/will be.
    • Last year he went 5.1 innings with 4 hits, 2 earned, 5 strikeouts and 2 walks in his lone start at Camden Yards. For his career against us, he's got a 1.99 ERA in 45.1 innings, 4 wins and 0 losses.  His WHIP against us is 0.927.  It's the lowest WHIP against any team he's faced consistently (I'm not counting interleague eams where he's thrown 8 innings against a team) in the AL outside of the Guardians.  And he's got 23.1 more innings against us than he does them. This bleeping guy owns us.  I'm not expecting much out of our offense tonight but I would absolutely love it if we lit him up like a Christmas tree.    
    • Kimbrel update. I suspect he's not going to be available tonight.  
    • To your point...  Mike Baumann and Yohan Ramirez have combined to throw 2.2 innings in the last 10 days. So really, we pretty much have a 6 man bullpen, because those guys are rarely ever going to pitch, and almost certainly not in close games. So yeah, that's a problem.   It's possible that those 2 could both be replaced by some combination of Suarez, Irvin, and Wells in the pen as the season goes on.    Suddenly you have have a lot more length in the pen as well as guys who you think (hope) can perform adequately in closer games.
    • No question they are burying him. He is a MLB ready prospect who would probably be playing for most other teams.  The question is do we get more out of trading him than we get by keeping him in the minors. We don't know if Elias has received any compelling trade offers. I would say the upside of keeping Kjerstad is a hedge against 1) injury to Hays, O'Hearn or Santander, or 2) regression by Cowser. There are many alternate realities in which Kjerstad would be playing regularly even without any trades. So far they haven't materialized, but if they do we will be glad we have him. I would be open to trading him as well as Stowers, but I would not be giving them away. For now, Kjerstad and Stowers producing in AAA is a "good problem to have". If we get to July and we have obvious holes that go unfilled via trade, then something is wrong and it's time to get mad.
    • If Hays isn't back this weekend, I think something like this is about what will start to happen, but we are seeing playoff posture these Yankees games. Hopefully Kjerstad is becoming a top expert on the Yankees relievers he might face in one big moment these next 48 hours.
    • I don't write that great.  In real life I have a massive stutter and failed my Maryland writing test in High school the first time and had to retake it.   I honestly was just trying to make a joke on the stats driven front office.  I would never imply or act as if your opinion is not wanted.   I think Kjerstad must be in a box of big bat no glove no need to treat like a true prospect.  I was trying to bring that point up in a funny way.  Obviously I failed.  I often do.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now