Brandon Hyde 2024

28 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's played in 882 games over nine seasons.

He played in 27 games in 2016 (93 in the minors), retaining rookie status.  The 2020 season was only 60 games.

His lowest games played in a full season is 106.

Okay. So take out those seasons and this season. He averages 113 games per season. Is that a whole lot bettet?

1 minute ago, ledzepp8 said:

Okay. So take out those seasons and this season. He averages 113 games per season. Is that a whole lot bettet?

I think 14 or so more games a year when you are talking about a MVP caliber player is significant.

45 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think 14 or so more games a year when you are talking about a MVP caliber player is significant.

Admittedly my math was from last season. I used it to argue with my father in law as he's a Yankee fan. Either way, he has a toe injury that comes and goes, and because he is a MVP type it does matter that he doesn't play 150+. Anyhow, appreciate the math.

On 5/19/2024 at 1:59 PM, maybenxtyr said:

Admittedly my math was from last season. I used it to argue with my father in law as he's a Yankee fan. Either way, he has a toe injury that comes and goes, and because he is a MVP type it does matter that he doesn't play 150+. Anyhow, appreciate the math.

Judge is one of the more likable Yankees, but if he reagravated his toe and was out for 2 months, I would be ok with that.

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

Found it interesting Hyde said the team is undisciplined at the plate and need to take better at bats after the game last night.

I saw that. 

Every once and awhile he lets out some frustration. Has high expectations for this group.  

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Gee, if we only had a hitting coach or two.

I'm confident they aren't preaching chasing balls or swinging at pitchers pitches, both things our guys are doing.

9 minutes ago, Malike said:

I'm confident they aren't preaching chasing balls or swinging at pitchers pitches, both things our guys are doing.

"Try to make outs in 3 swings or less."  Oh crap guys, I've been giving you the instructions for O's pitchers!

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Not pinch hitting O’Hearn for Mullins with runners on 2nd and 3rd and not giving DC the 8th after he was off yesterday seemed like major blunders.

Re: pinch hitting for Mullins…Rays had lefty warming in the pen so PH O’Hearn is same side match up, so with Os leading at the time, I agree with Hyde saving OHearn for pinch hit appearance later in the game if needed. 

Re: DC in the 8th, I agree with you there.  More so bc Tate threw 14 pitches yesterday and threw 8 today in the 7th inning already.  Why have him go multiple innings in two consecutive days?

15 minutes ago, Say O! said:

Re: pinch hitting for Mullins…Rays had lefty warming in the pen so PH O’Hearn is same side match up, so with Os leading at the time, I agree with Hyde saving OHearn for pinch hit appearance later in the game if needed. 

I guess that makes sense. Screwed either way.