Holliday called up!

jcaponio

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Cal probably would because Cal is a class act.  

But JH comes from a baseball family, he probably has some awareness of what the Ripken family means to the Orioles.  And if he does, he probably doesn't ask Cal for his dad's number out of respect.  

Find another number, kid.  

Not to be that guy, but if it's so important to the Orioles...why isn't it retired?

Glad he gets #7.   Good deal.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mooreisbetter27 said:

It's official.  Kemp DFA'ed.  Holliday will wear #7. 

I like this as a Cal "Ease his pain" kind of thing.     DeRosa just did some analysis - I'm sure Billy will get a turn on MLB Network at some point too.

2 minutes ago, jcaponio said:

Crazy that they’re STILL hiding the Westburg injury. Otherwise, nOnE of ThIs MaKEs SenSe!

There is no Westburg injury. 

Holliday is up and they are moving on from Kemp after two weeks.  Yes, the signing doesn't make sense, especilaly given these developments, but I don't believe there is any other explanation. 

5 minutes ago, jincargo said:

Not to be that guy, but if it's so important to the Orioles...why isn't it retired?

Glad he gets #7.   Good deal.

Probably because he's not in the Hall of Fame.  Seems to be a pre-requisite for getting a number retired in Baltimore.

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Ok…I really don’t understand things now but whatever. Glad he’s here.

We spent a million dollars for Holliday to avoid a few lefties at the start of the season. Lol. Could have just kept Nevin and had the extra RH bat for that stretch. 

Edited by interloper

Just now, ChuckS said:

There is no Westburg injury. 

Holliday is up and they are moving on from Kemp after two weeks.  Yes, the signing doesn't make sense, especilaly given these developments, but I don't believe there is any other explanation. 

I think all of this is puzzling timing to say the least.

That being said, I want to go to something DeRosa basically said in that video.  Maybe they just realized they f’ed up and said, dont make this mistake any worse. Just pull the band aid off and do it.

Kemp probably goes to AAA, so they keep him as “expensive depth”.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, milbest77 said:

This is exciting and all, but I just really hope it’s Elias’ decision and his alone. Not new ownership wanting to spark attendance this weekend.

Man, there are people who are just bound and determined not to just feel joy. Goodness gracious now an attendance related conspiracy theory. You have to be kidding me b

• Upvote 1