April 16: Twins vs Orioles

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Oh I love what he is doing. I like how you qualified that with the words “qualifying hitters” because we know Cowser has been the best hitter on the team thus far in the early going of the season.

True, but Westburg has had more than a third more at bats than Cowser.  Cowser hasn't batted against lefties much yet while Westburg is now going up against pretty much everyone on a daily basis.

Just now, EddeeEddee said:

True, but Westburg has had more than a third more at bats than Cowser.  Cowser hasn't batted against lefties much yet while Westburg is now going up against pretty much everyone on a daily basis.

This got me thinking how much we are sitting Urias and Mateo. I'm surprised they paid them all those multi millions in arbitration dollars just to be depth peices. You'd think the starters would get paid that and you could find depth for the league minimum.

You all realize that if Cowser and Westburg keep playing this way and turn out to be true studs that it will be almost impossible to beat the Orioles?  With Adley and Gunnar and Greyson rocking it.  And Jackson breaking in.  If Cowser and Westburg hit like they belong at the big boy table we are going to be extremely good.  Probably scary good.