A philosophical question re offense and defense

Frobby

Just now, RZNJ said:

He’s the DH.   His defense at DH is beyond reproach.  😁

He also played an average (imo) first base and a below average outfield.

For this team.

Or is that another nitpick?

Also, thanks for chiming in again when I was responding to someone else.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

He also played an average (imo) first base and a below average outfield.

For this team.

Or is that another nitpick?

Also, thanks for chiming in again when I was responding to someone else.

You’re very welcome.  Any time.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I did think you'd have enough wit to change the link I'd inserted but I was wrong.

Hey you love me admitting I'm wrong, so there you go!  I overestimated you.

Why waste time changing a link I was never going to waste time clicking on?    Progress.  You’ve been wrong a thousand times and you finally made your first admission.  Baby steps.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Oh not any time, EVERY time.

You just can't help yourself.

That’s funny.  If a person looked at your posts they’d say the same thing.

Edited by RZNJ

I was trying to find Mark Trumbo’s 2017 WAR total, I think he had history‘s lowest WAR for a 47 homer season.

That’s because his defense was so terrible.

I think a team of Mark Trumbo would be unwatchable, but a team of Mark Belangers would be very frustrating.

But I think I’d prefer defense.

Interesting question.  All glove no bat can work sometimes like Mark Belanger(however I think if he had modern weight lifting he might of been a little better hitter)

The old Oriole teams had defense so good that they saved the pitchers a lot of innings and unearned runs a year.  

I think the book Moneyball suggested if you had a team of all average players you would do very well.  So I don't know.  

Is Rafeal Devers a plus ten bat minus ten defensive guy?  I honestly think this guy should move to first base.  I think he kills Boston but I really respect the bat.  

22 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Interesting question.  All glove no bat can work sometimes like Mark Belanger(however I think if he had modern weight lifting he might of been a little better hitter)

The old Oriole teams had defense so good that they saved the pitchers a lot of innings and unearned runs a year.  

I think the book Moneyball suggested if you had a team of all average players you would do very well.  So I don't know.  

Is Rafeal Devers a plus ten bat minus ten defensive guy?  I honestly think this guy should move to first base.  I think he kills Boston but I really respect the bat.  

Not sure about the modern weight lifting part.  Every five reps, Belanger would probably stop to light up.

Just now, 24fps said:

Not sure about the modern weight lifting part.  Every five reps, Belanger would probably stop to light up.

Yeah we would have to get the guy to give up smoking.