Time Gunnar's triple

Frobby

Gunnar Henderson triples (3) on a ground ball to right fielder Jo Adell. | 04/22/2024 | MLB.com

Do me a favor and time this, starting with contact until Gunnar hits 3B.   I've done it three times and came up with 10.73, 10.79 and 10.81 seconds.   Tell me what you get.   

So far as I'm aware, the fastest triples of the Statcast era were 10.75 seconds, by Bryan Buxton and Corbin Carroll.

No one in the MLB is close to Buxton's speed on triples - Bring Me The News

D-backs rookie Corbin Carroll paces fastest home-to-3rd time since 2020 (arizonasports.com)

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Using the time stamps on the video and estimating between when time changes between 3 and 4 & 14 and 15 I get about 14.5 minus 3.4 for around 11.1. I did it real quick just one time, though.

Edit:  Just did it again more careful, estimated 14.2-3.4 for a 10.8. Of course might be wasted time if CoC is correct with his post below.

Edited by FlaO'sFan

46 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Gunnar Henderson triples (3) on a ground ball to right fielder Jo Adell. | 04/22/2024 | MLB.com

Do me a favor and time this, starting with contact until Gunnar hits 3B.   I've done it three times and came up with 10.73, 10.79 and 10.81 seconds.   Tell me what you get.   

So far as I'm aware, the fastest triples of the Statcast era were 10.75 seconds, by Bryan Buxton and Corbin Carroll.

No one in the MLB is close to Buxton's speed on triples - Bring Me The News

D-backs rookie Corbin Carroll paces fastest home-to-3rd time since 2020 (arizonasports.com)

If you have the game on DVR, you can time it accurately to 0.03 seconds by the "clicks" method (I am assuming the MASN broadcasts are in 1080i).  Is it contact to touch at 3rd base?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Filmstudy said:

If you have the game on DVR, you can time it accurately to 0.03 seconds by the "clicks" method (I am assuming the MASN broadcasts are in 1080i).  Is it contact to touch at 3rd base?

Yes, but I don’t have it on DVR.

4 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I remember someone mentioning that last year. 

If this is true, that is wild malpractice. Not that the MLB.com is a journalistic institution, but folks read/watch their production as the record of what actually happened in any given baseball game. 

7 minutes ago, Remember The Alomar said:

If this is true, that is wild malpractice. Not that the MLB.com is a journalistic institution, but folks read/watch their production as the record of what actually happened in any given baseball game. 

It's highlights.  It isn't meant to be used as a scouting tool.

Maybe they could put a disclaimer somewhere.