Speculating on how the O's handle the pitching logjam

interloper

4 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Mr. Means said “don’t write me off just yet”. 

6 IP 0 ER 1 H 1 BB 7K

Means finished the 7th. 95 pitches, 8 Ks. I’m shocked. I thought he was still injured given his pretty crappy outings. 

6 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

So...after today, I think means to the rotation, Suarez to the pen,  DFA Ramirez. Now, not sure who goes for Bradish. Can't move Irvin now. Kremer just came off of a 10 K start.

I think it has to be Irvin unless you want to do a six man rotation with tax squad shenanigans. 

Just now, Jagwar said:

Tell you what. If Kimbrel is hurt (and it looks like he is), I'd consider Suarez for the setup man and move Cano to closer

Or swap roles?

Cano is allergic to the 9th. Suarez moves to closer role when he’s rested. Until then it’s by committee, Kimbrel, who is on my shit list for putting himself above the team by hiding his injury, on the IL and Bradish comes up to take Suarez’s spot. Suarez can dial it up to 98 in short spurts and above all, he throws strikes.

2 minutes ago, Explosivo said:

Cano is allergic to the 9th. Suarez moves to closer role when he’s rested. Until then it’s by committee, Kimbrel, who is on my shit list for putting himself above the team by hiding his injury, on the IL and Bradish comes up to take Suarez’s spot. Suarez can dial it up to 98 in short spurts and above all, he throws strikes.

In any case, Elias' plan A just might have gotten flushed down the potty

Just now, Jagwar said:

In any case, Elias' plan A just might have gotten flushed down the potty

Not necessarily. Kimbrel breaks down at the end of the year. This way, hide him on the 60 day. Get him for down the stretch. It could still work out but Kimbrel was not honest with being hurt and it cost us two games against the damn A’s. I’d be pissed if I were Hyde.

1 minute ago, Explosivo said:

Not necessarily. Kimbrel breaks down at the end of the year. This way, hide him on the 60 day. Get him for down the stretch. It could still work out but Kimbrel was not honest with being hurt and it cost us two games against the damn A’s. I’d be pissed if I were Hyde.

How do you know he was hiding something?

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

How do you know he was hiding something?

Because everyone could tell he was ailing. Palmer saw it, Hyde saw it, the head trainer saw it. He said he was good, he clearly wasn’t.

Because everyone could tell he was ailing. Palmer saw it, Hyde saw it, the head trainer saw it. He said he was good, he clearly wasn’t.

And you were somehow miraculously privy to all conversations they were having?

Don't you think that if something wasn't right with him while warming up, the bullpen coach would have told Hyde about it?

Just now, Jagwar said:

And you were somehow miraculously privy to all conversations they were having?

Don't you think that if something wasn't right with him while warming up, the bullpen coach would have told Hyde about it?

Palmer said so on the broadcast bud. You can tell by the reactions from Hyde and the trainer. They trusted him when he said he was good. Body language is important. Up to you to read the tea leaves or hide your head in the sand. Kimbrel cost us two games because of his pride and that comes before the fall.

Palmer said so on the broadcast bud. You can tell by the reactions from Hyde and the trainer. They trusted him when he said he was good. Body language is important. Up to you to read the tea leaves or hide your head in the sand. Kimbrel cost us two games because of his pride and that comes before the fall.

I'll admit, it looked like he was off and his body language was awful. But every single coach has access to every warmup pitch he throws, and I find it hard to believe that he could fool all of them before stepping on that mound. 

My guess (uneducated and uninformed as it may be) is that he tweaked something on one of his first pitches, and thought he could work his way through it. Hyde and Ebel came out, and in the end it is THEIR decision to keep him on the mound or not. Until we have proof that Kimbrel was nefariously hiding an injury, it's all speculation.