Any Interest in Aaron Hicks?

9 minutes ago, VanceWilder said:

When a player has been on many teams, 8 for this dude...sometimes there is a reason. I vote "no". Are we really trying to demoralize the guys at Norfolk waiting for their shot?

Can those guys hit RH, play CF, and have a .760 career OPS vs LHP?  He was a good enough to be a Braves bench player last year.  We're gearing up for a huge series against the Yankees.  Pillar is more valuable on the bench than Mckenna.

13 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Can those guys hit RH, play CF, and have a .760 career OPS vs LHP?  He was a good enough to be a Braves bench player last year.  We're gearing up for a huge series against the Yankees.  Pillar is more valuable on the bench than Mckenna.

But can he even do those things well any more?  Sure, he USED to play a good CF and in his CAREER he has a .760 OPS vs LHP.  Certainly doesn't mean he can STILL do either of those well or at the level you are suggesting.  I think McKenna has very little value, but I'm not sure Pillar has more at this stage in his career.  

• Thanks 1

My instant thought upon reading about this designation was that Mike would be all over it, even though we have absolutely no need for a person with this current skill set.

I loved watching Kevin play when he was with the Blue Jays. He was probably the best outfielder in baseball on defense, but he couldn’t hit his weight.

The very question is useless, but having said that, Mike also picked up Brett Phillips and Jesus Aguilar, so anything can happen.

But it would be a stupid pick up. The very question is useless

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Is that the same guy that was on the Braves last season and hit a home run off Danny Coulombe to beat us?

From what I remember, Pillar had many big hits against us over the years.

8 hours ago, Aglets said:

Thought this was a thread about Kevin Millar at first and I got pretty confused.

Ditto. 

2nd thought was "has he let himself go a bit?"

Let's not discuss Billy Ripken or Harold Reynolds. The infield is too crowded already. 

13 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Even with Hays back it makes more sense to have Pillar as a bench player than Kjerstad.  I know that will be like a dirty word to some people, but it makes more sense.  Pillar has a career .760 OPS vs LHP and brings top end defense at all three OF spots.  He also can be a PR too.  

Pillar fits what we need right now.  Incremental improvements.  

I would definitely grab him.  Definite upgrade over McKenna.