I think the Yankees will destroy Oriole pitching this week...

I hope that this is Roy’s attempt as some sort of reverse jinx or what have you. I know some believe in such things and are superstitious that way. I am not one of those people.

But if this is not that … This is awfully weak!

What’s the big deal about the Yankees other than they have a storied history (which impacts what happens on the field in ZERO ways). They are not the big bad wolf that they used to be (and I mean years ago). They have a good team and we have a good team. We should have the matchup advantage in terms of starting pitchers going in the series. 

Do you feel this way about the Astros? Because they have had much more recent success? 

What about the Rangers? Braves? Dodgers?

If that is how you feel each time that we face a good team who is on par with us in terms of talent, then I sincerely feel bad for you as I imagine most of the baseball season is probably more miserable than enjoyable.

38 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

McKenna, Urias and Mateo are very important to Hyde.  

This narrative has permeated the board and its just false and dumb.  If they are so important then why didn't Ramon see the field for several games in a row while Holliday was up?  Mateo and Urias have both played pretty sparingly, and they are rarely in the same lineup - yesterday being an exception because Westburg had a stomach bug.

Every team has role players, and those players get plenty of run throughout the season.  This idea that Hyde is going to play lesser players because he loves them or whatever, just defies reality.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

This narrative has permeated the board and its just false and dumb.  If they are so important then why didn't Ramon see the field for several games in a row while Holliday was up?  Mateo and Urias have both played pretty sparingly, and they are rarely in the same lineup - yesterday being an exception because Westburg had a stomach bug.

Every team has role players, and those players get plenty of run throughout the season.  This idea that Hyde is going to play lesser players because he loves them or whatever, just defies reality.

It's a fallback position that some people just default to.  The prospects are up.  The only postion prospects left in AAA are Mayo, Norby, and Holliday.  Mayo, Norby, and Kjerstad, all have defensive flaws.  

O'Hearn is batting 3rd.  He's nowhere near in danger to being benched for Heston Kjerstad.  

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It's a fallback position that some people just default to.  The prospects are up.  The only postion prospects left in AAA are Mayo, Norby, and Holliday.  Mayo, Norby, and Kjerstad, all have defensive flaws.  

O'Hearn is batting 3rd.  He's nowhere near in danger to being benched for Heston Kjerstad.  

He was never here to play every day, he's here until Hays gets off the IL. That concept is hard for people to understand, and if he could actually play defense, he'd probably have gotten some starts.

6 minutes ago, Malike said:

He was never here to play every day, he's here until Hays gets off the IL. That concept is hard for people to understand, and if he could actually play defense, he'd probably have gotten some starts.

Even if he could play defense, who is he beating out in our starting 9?  Can he play 2nd base?  Kjerstad is here because he's a professional baseball player that is on our 40 man roster.  It made sense when he got called up and it really still makes sense.  If we send him down, then he has to be down for 10 days.  Mckenna is up here.  Kjerstad will be on the bench for the Yankees series unless he needs to pinch hit for Urias late in a ball game.  

These players are grown men.  He's 25.  He will be ok on the bench for a series.  Force your way into the lineup like Cowser did.  

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Even if he could play defense, who is he beating out in our starting 9?  Can he play 2nd base?  Kjerstad is here because he's a professional baseball player that is on our 40 man roster.  It made sense when he got called up and it really still makes sense.  If we send him down, then he has to be down for 10 days.  Mckenna is up here.  Kjerstad will be on the bench for the Yankees series unless he needs to pinch hit for Urias late in a ball game.  

These players are grown men.  He's 25.  He will be ok on the bench for a series.  Force your way into the lineup like Cowser did.  

I think you are confusing me with someone who cares if he's in the lineup. I don't think he's better than anyone we are running out there right now. 

People can feel how they feel. I don’t know Roy, but I’m guessing his passion for the Orioles is so great, and his disdain for the Yankees so ingrained that the last thing he wants to see is us getting roughed up by our arch-rival.

So maybe there’s some “expect the worst, hope for the best” sentiment in his post. I can relate to situations where expectations dictate the mood…

I have no clue how things will play out, but I’ll be watching and rooting! 

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Fair, and that was also giving you a bit of a hard time.  I know you're an upbeat, positive person but I'm wondering why you're having a hard time being a somewhat upbeat, positive person when it comes to a team that won 101 games last year and is having a good start to this season.  

You've watched a lot of baseball, you've seen a lot over the years.  You know as well as anyone here that the season is a marathon, not a sprint and we're very early on.  Too early to tell if this team is really in trouble or not.  

Not telling you not to worry because I think all of us are a worried to varying degrees, but man...it's hard to read an opening post like that when we've got G-Rod on the hill tonight and an offense that's hitting the ball harder than anyone else in the majors right now.  There's a lot of reasons to be upbeat when it comes to your baseball team.

Quite frankly, I don't care how they win against the Yankees, just as long as they win.  If that means some 12-10, 11-9 games, fine.  I just hope they at least split this series and I think they can.  If they somehow take 3 games, that'd be huge.

Nothing in sports gives me greater pleasure than beating the Yankees..FROBBY will tell you I have said when the Yankees lose to anyone other than us,..I consider it "half an Oriole win"...I so want to be the Yankees...but Im just concerned that our pitching (or lack of it) wont hold up against a big offense...easily the best offense we have faced this year...of course we have an awesome offense too, one they haven't seen so far..I just dont think our pitching matches up against them...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Back in 1993, I used to come home from middle school,

Middle school in 1993!! Man, I thought you were about ten years older than you are. It's the wisdom, I guess. :) 

• Haha 1