630 start time plus pitch clock

16 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

I know I'm in the minority here, and since it works well for everyone else I'm fine with it, but I find it frustrating.  I'm in the central time zone so with a 5:35 local start and the pitch clock speeding things up, the games are usually finished before I even leave the office. 

How late you staying at the office ? Work life balance! 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

I know I'm in the minority here, and since it works well for everyone else I'm fine with it, but I find it frustrating.  I'm in the central time zone so with a 5:35 local start and the pitch clock speeding things up, the games are usually finished before I even leave the office. 

I just watch it on MLB TV after an hour or so in.  Hit the 10 second advance arrow between pitches, or watch straight up if the situation warrants and game is over in plus or minus an hour without missing any excitement.

44 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

The pitch clock addition has be a major change for me. My wife watches most games with me now and she's even yelling at the tv at times.

Same thing at my house!  She's now calling for a 6-4-3 double play.  Crazy.

29 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I actually think this hurts them as a team and that stuff was part of the “aura” they tried to create.

Yankees and Red Sox were definitely stepping out of the batters box and prolonging at bats to get into pitcher's heads and as an intimidation technique. Now their hitters have to stay in the batters box like a big boy and let the pitcher work.

The pitch clock is great. Unfortunately MLB pitchers don't see it the same way. Both the players union and Burnes basically blamed the pitch clock for this year's injuries, even though there's no scientific study to conclude that for sure.

I'm not as much of a big fan of the 6pm-6:30pm start times but that's more my own fault. If I changed a few things in my personal life I would enjoy those start times more like most people here.

1 hour ago, Big Mac said:

That’s what recordings are for.  

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That’s what recordings are for.  

Speaking for myself, I hate watching recorded games.  I probably won't do it, unless it's a really big win or I missed a huge performance.  Even then, there's a lot of fast forwarding.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Speaking for myself, I hate watching recorded games.  I probably won't do it, unless it's a really big win or I missed a huge performance.  Even then, there's a lot of fast forwarding.

If you are disciplined, you can avoid learning the result and just watch the game unfold without knowing what will happen, and skip all the commercials. 

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

If you are disciplined, you can avoid learning the result and just watch the game unfold without knowing what will happen, and skip all the commercials. 

It's not that I'm not disciplined...phone alerts, wife, friends, etc make it harder than necessary if I can't watch a game and don't want to know the score.  

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I can’t even control myself from checking the game cast prior to seeing what happens on tv, which is usually running at about a 30 second delay.

• Upvote 1

Love the 6:30 start during the week, love the ~4PM on Saturdays.

Weekdays I really enjoy listening to the first few innings making/cleaning up from dinner, bathing the kids etc. Can follow the game well enough and then sitting down to watch the remainder of the game is a little more of a treat.